WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

G-9000MX (Mudman) Help....

699 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  sl8763 
#1 ·
Good evening All,

This is my first post, but I have been following the threads for a while.

I was try to reverse the display, and being the adventurous me I took apart the module.

I resembled the module and now the buttons, EL do not work. The watch is ticking and running, starting from Sat 1-1 at 12:00 am but I can't press any of the buttons to set time, change mode or activate the EL. o|

I think I have re-assemble the module correctly, including all the springs.

If anyone can help that would be great!

Now I have a reversed the display but a non functioning (so to speak) watch

Please let me know if I posted at the wrong forum

#2 ·
#3 ·
I'll see if I can come up with a more helpful reply than holger, shouldn't be too hard :-d

OP, make sure the module is seated properly inside the case. Specifically, you are looking for the metal "cage" surrounding the module to be locked around it on both sides. There should be a tiny latch on both sides where it attaches.

There are four metal prongs coming off this "cage" that correspond to the four bezel buttons. When the buttons are depressed, these prongs bend inwards and make contact with the module, activating the button function. If you are not getting any response, that tells me that things are not seated properly.

Regarding the EL button, I forget exactly how that section looks - but if you are able to get the side buttons to work, the EL button should have a proper connection as well - assuming you did not damage it during the mod.

#4 ·
OP, make sure the module is seated properly inside the case. Specifically, you are looking for the metal "cage" surrounding the module to be locked around it on both sides. There should be a tiny latch on both sides where it attaches.

There are four metal prongs coming off this "cage" that correspond to the four bezel buttons. When the buttons are depressed, these prongs bend inwards and make contact with the module, activating the button function. If you are not getting any response, that tells me that things are not seated properly.

Regarding the EL button, I forget exactly how that section looks - but if you are able to get the side buttons to work, the EL button should have a proper connection as well - assuming you did not damage it during the mod.
Yup, I was able to get the cage to latch onto all the white plastic pegs and I looked at all the metal contacts are touching the contacts on the circuit board.

I have a feeling that when I first reassemble it, something might have shorted or a connection was scratched.

I will see if I can try to get a picture of the entire module

Thanks again for the reply

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.