G-9200-1 Flashing C

Thread: G-9200-1 Flashing C

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

G-9200-1 Flashing C

Hello all,
    i am in the military and getting ready to deploy to afghanistan. during my last tour in Iraq i broke my watch (cheap timeX) while clearing some rooms and i decided to get myself a watch that could stand up to the abuse of battle. i really liked the features on the riseman and being able to tell when its going to get bitter cold, or storm is a plus with the barometer. anyways, i ordered my watch a little over 2 weeks ago, and the only modding that ive done is taken off the resin band and replaced it with The Band in black. ( i wanted somthing that was going to have to take my arm off to get it removed from my wrist.

Anyways, ive noticed that after preforming a few baro and alti funtions in semi close order ( 2 or 3 operations in 5 mins ) that the display for the baro would display --.-- with the L M H meter flashing which i could understand as it being low on power at that moment.

i went to the chow hall this afternoon, and before i entered the facility i looked at the time, everything was fine, when i came out the display was blank and only a small C was flashing. i know this means the battery is like drained... but how can it go from H (full charge ) to C (no charge at all) in less then 20 mins? its still flashing "C" after more then an hour. i am already in the processing station to get ready to deploy in san diego, so sending it back from the company i got it from ( amazon.com ) is not a possibility at this point. i got this watch so i would have a piece off mind on deployment and at this point its failing me. can anyone clarify what i may have done wrong, or what i can do to fix this?
    Very Respectfully,
    B.Foster

P.S. after putting it under my fenix TK11 R2 for less then 10 mins it seams to have went from C back to H... is this just a faulty battery? WTF this pisses me off. i cant have an unreliable watch in theater.
    Last edited by navydt; March 31st, 2009 at 05:45.

Re: G-9200-1 Flashing C

First off-- Welcome to the forum and good luck with your deployment. I can't say I am too knowledgable about the Riseman, haven't played with it yet, but if it is a matter of the battery needing to be charged, that won't happen in 20 min. It will get a partial, but it may take it a full day or more to fully charge with light. Sunlight is best, but not in a place where its direct and it can get overheated-- like in a hot car. If you have your sleeves down, too, it may have gone into sleep mode while you were in the chow hall and looking at it again afterwards woke it back up. Anyways, I'll leave this to the WUS gurus--there are many. This is all I can come up with on my own. Again, WELCOME!!

There may be nothing wrong with your watch - only time will tell.

It can take a week or more for the battery to be fully charged. Getting to 'H' doesn't mean 'full', of course - just 66% plus. When a watch first gets to 'H', it will frequently drop back to 'M' when going from outdoors to indoors, or when power-sapping functions are being used. Eventually it will get to 'H' and stay there.

Brief illumination with a torch won't achieve much in terms of charging.

It is also possible, of course, that your watch doesn't work properly... but most enquiries we receive on this subject end up with the enquirer coming back later saying all is now OK.

My advice for the present is to avoid using the functions unnecessarily and give it prolonged exposure to outdoor light.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thats what im talking about, my torch should have done nothing, why it was at C with no charge and then by magic went back to H i have no idea... and i wish i knew what was going on. i hope it was only a small relapse, but i dont want to be in the middle of somthing important and have my watch die on me.
    Thanks again for answering,
    Very Respectfully,
    B.Foster

Best of luck on your deployment soldier.

From my experience with a solar (PAW1500) it takes a while to get it fully charged and have it to the point where I don't have to worry about it at all. Really, 10 minutes is not enough to get it anywhere near it could be.

I personally recommend you give it time and just use it outside as much as possible. Try this and within a week you should be able to tell whether you have a bad watch (faulty solar cell) or if it just not enough sun time.

Again, best of luck.
    Virtus junxit, mors non separabit.

Breitling SuperOcean 42, 50th Anniversary Navitimer
    Casio GW6900-1
    Longines Vintage Crosshair
    Rolex Explorer II, GMT Master IIc

I'd bet it probably wasn't fully charged to start with. Exposing it to light seems to give you some kind of charge, so the charging system seems to be operating. It seems to work for awhile, so the battery seems to be accepting a charge.

So...put it in bright sunlight and leave it there for no less than 1 week straight. Don't bother messing with it, moving it, etc. Just let it charge.

After this time, you should have a very nearly full or actually full battery. After this point, if you wear it exposed to sunlight for at least 10 minutes a day (being "active" I'd assume you'll see more sun than this) you probably won't see it drop below "H" again...regardless of how many measurements you take.

The more sun you expose it to the better, just don't bake it in a hot enclosed environment.
    The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.
    -Albert Einstein

The unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly.
    -Theodore Roosevelt

My Team
    Casio DW-6900-1V; DW-9100; GW-5600J-1; GW-6900-1; GW-6900B; GW-7900B; GW-9200-1; GW-A1000FC-2ADR; GW-M5600-1ER; MTG-520; PAW-1500T
    Citizen AT0660-05F; AT4004-52E; AT8020-54L; ATD53-3011; AV0021-52H; AV0031-59A; BL1258-53L; BL5440-58E; BN0088-03E; BN0100-51E; BZ0000-50E; EBJ74-1741; JY0010-50E; JV0020-12F; JY0000-53E; JY8000-50E; PMD56-2861; PMT56-2731; PMX56-2812
    Omega Planet Ocean XL 2200.50.00
    Rolex Two-tone 1500
    Seiko SARB023; SBDB001; SBDC003; SBPG001; SKA371; SKA511; SKXA33; SKZ325; SLT079; SLT081; SNDA59; SNE109; SNE283; SNG045; SPB001J; SRP043; SRP227; SRP307; SSC017

Tag Heuer 500m Aquaracer WAJ2110.BA0870

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

Hello and welcome to the forum. It sounds like it's low on sunlight, as others have mentioned. If you're really concerned and you're about to be deployed very, very soon, get it changed for another one if possible. In all likelihood the new one will do exactly the same, but then you will know that it's not a watch problem just a lack of charge problem.

Get your WUS badge now from the WUS store.
    >> Support WUS by clicking through to our sponsors sites. <<
    >> Buying from a sponsor? Tell them WUS sent you. <<

navydt,

1) Welcome to the forum.
    2) Thanks for serving, and please be careful out there.
    WhtShadow

Current Collection
    Casio 'non-G' 83QS-41, DW-1500, OAW-100TDJ, PAW-1300T,
    G-Shock GW-M5600, GW-800D, MTG-1000G,
    Bulova Accutron 214, Omega SMP 2232.80, Omega SMP 2255.80, Ball Engineer M Challenger, Traser Auto Pro,
    Seiko SDWB61, SNA139, SKA389, SKA296, Momentum Cobalt V Lite, Orient Mako Blue, Orient Mako USA 2 White,
    Victorinox (Swiss Army) Ground Force 60/60, Base Camp Ti

Best thing to do is expose the watch to natural light, sudden bursts of very strong light will result in what you are describing, with indicator jumping to H, the power meter will most likely quickly return to one of the lower power state. It can take weeks to fully charge one of these Casio solar powered watches if they are run down.

I would also be inclined to have a spare in theater, Casio DW-6600 are an excellent military watch. I did 15 with the British and quickly found that watches for the field & tours are expendable items, as they will inevitably get damaged; so basic "G-Shock`s" were the order of the day, reliable, replaceable & cheap.

have a good one

Q-6
    Last edited by Queen6; May 18th, 2009 at 23:22.

looks like we have the same problem sir. I bought mine from amazon too, if that means anything. Ive already left mine on the window facing the afternoon sun for about a week now. It gets direct sunlight for about 2 hours a day. It's been on H before I did that and it's still on H up to now. Still don't have barro and alti readings. temp sometimes shows up sometimes not.

Maybe both our riseman belong to a batch with this defect.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information