G-aviation?

Thread: G-aviation?

G-aviation?

Do you guys like the g-aviation?

Re: G-aviation?

I am not a big fan. If the watch had the stealth look instead of the bright orange or blue, I would like it a lot.

I am also not a fan of the price tag.

I like this better.
    Waiting to buy the new 9110
    G 9100-1
    GW 9200-1
    GW 9000A-1
    G 9000MS-1
    DW 5600MS-1
    Luminox 3001 Navy Seal Dive Watch
    Luminox 1582 Sea Series Diver
    Swiss Army 1884 Officer's Watch

I have the orange dialed one and have really started to love wearing it. It is the first watch to keep me from wearing my GWF1000-1B. I like the dial alot and I have had many comments on it..

PeteA

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The G-aviation is a very nice watch.

I had the orange one briefly but my brother loved it so much he bought it off of me and I ended up with a GW 2000 which I love even more than the GW 3000

The GW 3000 wears smaller than you might think and it is a real looker - ok so it has some limitations as an out & out timing device but it is a great analogue watch with the benefits (to me) of solar and waveceptor.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteA View Post
    I have the orange dialed one and have really started to love wearing it. It is the first watch to keep me from wearing my GWF1000-1B. I like the dial alot and I have had many comments on it..

PeteA
    Same thing with me (standard GWF1000 though). I wear the GW 3000 almost every day now. It is a great watch and wears smaller than the advertised 50mm or whatever it is. I guess anything seems smaller compared to the frog:)

i'm enjoying mine a great deal. there are other options in the G line, but i don't care for ani/digi mix watches.

the only things i miss is are hourly chime and backlighting.

it could not be my "only" watch, but it's style and G heritage/durability make it a winner in my book.

The GW-3000 Aviation/Cockpit is an impressive watch, with a cockpit instrument panel theme. However, I have a few reservations:

1) No EL backlight

2) No hourly chime

3) Just a 24 minutes duration stopwatch

4) Interpretation of the stopwatch time from the dials at 3 o'clock (for seconds & minutes) and the one at 9 o'clock (for 1/100 sec) can be eye-straining. 1/100 sec is best left to digital watches as analogue ones usually display 1/4 or 1/5 sec, which is easier to manage with the seconds needle. (Besides, which pilot ever used 1/100 sec accuracy for his Time-on-Target?)

5) In world time mode, one has to wait after each click till the needles on the 3 o'clock dial settle down, before cycling to the next time zone/city. Also, odd-hour readouts in world time mode are difficult to interpret in the absence of an index mark (like a blue/orange dot or something).

6) If the days of the week were a single-alphabet code (S, M, T, W, T, F, S) all seven days could have been accommodated instead of the current dispaly of alternate days only (SU, TU, TH, SA). The new Casio MT-G 1100 does a much better job with this similarly-styled display.

In sum, the GW-3000 is a winner in form rather than function.

PS: Red Bulls doing 12Gs+ is hogwash.
    Last edited by Kaiser T; July 23rd, 2010 at 09:58.

Thread Information