G and comfort...How comfortable is yours?

Thread: G and comfort...How comfortable is yours?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

G and comfort...How comfortable is yours?

Hi gang. I've been wearing my new G9000 Muddie for a few days now, and it's no different from my old G years ago: knocking against some physionomical aspects of the construction of my wrist.
    Moreover, the plastic covering of the stainless steel back has some knobbly protrusions, little "bumps" which moreover have minute "criss-cross" cerrations molded into them. This renders the bottom of the Muddie rather abrasive... Indeed, my virgin -unused to wearing a watch since years- wrist is uncomfortable.

How do you appraise the comfort of your G's? Does the wrist adapt itself, analogous to breaking in a pair of new shoes or cowboy boots???

I have found a solution in sticking one of those small felt stick-on tablefoot protective pads, just the right size, onto the bottom of my Muddie. Much more comfortable and quite reversible...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: G and comfort...How comfortable is yours?

sorry pablo i must say oppsite to that one
    my muddie i have been wearing for about 3 weeks now and i say its the most comfortable watch ive had
    i dont know its on half the time
    it doesnt move on my wrist and is lite weight

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

I find the new "MUDMAN" comfortable enough and light, but it seems rather small.

I can however see a problem with the back as it is rather uneven.

Not sure if I will ever wear mine enough to know:-S

It hasn't made the special G-Shock box

Hopefully CASIO will bring out some more G's named after the original Master's and hope they compare favourably

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Bought the GW-9000 this afternoon. Have been wearing it for a few hours now. I can understand how it may feel uncomfortable on your wrist, but for me, it feels quite comfortable and light too!

I like your solution to recify the discomfort

Yes, in fact I'm just back from the hobby supermarket and bought some "new" comfort pads: smaller diameter, rubber and thinner. Absolutely perfect and a much more elegant solution, very comfortable, and now I can wear my watch in the shower (the felt pads would become wet and soggy, good for germinating seeds - imagine - a mh plant growing from your wrist, or mushrooms!).

I'm sure it's a very personal thing, and others may not find any discomfort, but I'm a sissy :oops: For the same reason, I will never buy a watch with a steel band weighing some 150 grams, I find the (theoretical factory specification weight) 55 of the G9000 enough.

I Feel the same G-Sar. I've been wearing mine for a week now and to be honest the watch is very comfortable. I dont feel the rubber bumps on my wrist, I guess it's because i wear my watches loosely. Now , If i were to wear it with a tight grip around my wrist, Then It feels quite uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by G-SAR
    Bought the GW-9000 this afternoon. Have been wearing it for a few hours now. I can understand how it may feel uncomfortable on your wrist, but for me, it feels quite comfortable and light too!

I like your solution to recify the discomfort

I love the comfort of my G-9000, and I'm not usually one for resin bands.

Update on that "comfort pad"

I found that, after a day or so, the rubber "comfort pad" did not stay properly put, I even tried using rubber glue, but it just didn't properly stick to the watch. So now I have removed it, don't bother with it, as I don't want to ruin my watch with glue sticking all over the place...
    I'm presently "training" my wrist to bear the consequences of being a G-whiz. Not too bad, in fact. I wear the watch more or less "well fitted" (I can still get a finger between the watchband and my wrist, given a bit of pressure, and if I use the next set of watchband holes, the watch is very loose on my wrist, which is something I don't like...
    I would not mind one of those "bund" leather wristbands...

My Protrek PRG70 on the resin strap is comfy enough -- it's very light, after all. But casual wear only; it is way too big to wear with a business shirt (and looks way out of place, too!).
    Steve

My 5600 is way comfy. I forget I have it on. I don't have to take it off to play drums, too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information