The "G" fever got to me! Again!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chrisek

Thread: The "G" fever got to me! Again!

Smile The "G" fever got to me! Again!

I've been wandering around on this forum for quite some time now, and I really thought it was time to register and introduce myself. If only to send you guys a big "thank you" for all the usefull threads I've been reading already.. Thank you guys for that!!

I'm Ronald. A Dutchman who found his way to Germany for the love of his life and expecting a little baby boy due next year. I'm pretty excited about that actually. But hey, enough about me, lets talk watches!

Back in the day where I was about 13-14 I bought my very first G shock. It was the DW6600. Not knowing what a classic it would become I used it and wore it with pride... Many years later, a couple of months ago I was surfing the web trying to find a new watch, it hit me like a lightningflash. My G Shock!! The urge of getting a new G Shock was so big, I had to have one right away.

I'm not gonna ramble about my search for the G I needed to have but it comes down to this. After reading up on the latest models and specs of the G's, I liked the technology of tough solar and multiband. On the USA Casio site I immediately fell in love with two models, the G6900 KG3, and the GW6900 1ER.

Initially I ordered the Olive drab version. The YouTube video mike385 made on it convinced me. But, after a couple of weeks I also ordered the black one. A collection is born...

i love 'em. :) i don't know if you can call it a collection already, but the fever definitely got me, and now, after only a week cince I got the black one, I'm already eyeballing the yellow version.... I got it, and I got it bad..

They do raise some questions though. I hope I'm in the position to ask them here already, with me being all new and all....

the reason G Shocks exist is to, well, not care about them right? You can through 'em around, use and abuse them because that's why they're made.. I can't help but noticing to be extremely carefull when I wear them though. Always making sure my sleeve doesn't cover the face because of the solar, cleaning of spots of the face, stuff like that.. I'm sure many of you can relate.. but that's nog really my question..

My questions do relate to the solar part. What's the best way to store them? Can I just leave them in a normal/medium lid room with the face up? Or is it better to let them go to "sleep" by storing them in the tin box? Or, do I have to care for them and put them in a window sill all the time when I'm not wearing them?

my second question: sometimes when I press buttons on the watch, like the start/stop button, you can hear the button kinda "scraping" the bezel. If you turn the watch around you can also see the bezel, around the button, come up slightly when releasing the button. It's like the bezel not fitting nicely. Same goes for the space I see between the glas and the bezel. Nice place to collect some dust if you ask me. Is it normal? Do you guys experience that too?

well, I hope you guys can ease my thoughts on these things.. It's like I said, it's kinda ironic worrying about something that was designed not to worry about at all. :p

Thanks so much in advance!!!!
    Last edited by RonaldV; September 29th, 2012 at 18:44.

Re: The "G" fever got to me! Again!

Great story. Post pics of your new G's once you receive them...

Unfortunately though, once you get hooked to G-Shocks, there might be no cure in sight. :)
    Wearing a different G-SHOCK ​everyday.

Welcome to the forum and great way to start you collection! My two cents on storing your watches: turn power save (PS) on. Let them sleep. If you wear them each once a week, you are fine. I hope you're wearing them more often.
    As for #2. The bezel is more of a trim piece. The module inside is dust proof water proof. Although "scraping" sounds very odd to me, I'll let others chime in here.
    RonaldV likes this.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks very much guys! Chrisek, thank you for your input! Actually I do wear them more often, right now I rotate them every other day cause yeah, they just go with everything.

As i was aware that the bezel merely protects the module, i just figured it could have a more tighter fit. Maybe also the "scraping" wasn't the best way to describe it (English is not my mother tongue). It's more that the buttons are not quite clear from the bezel on all sides. They touch each other in other words.. It doesn't give any problems operating the buttons though. But I have it on both my G's so I guess it's a G shock "thing".

But, I will take your advice, and let my G's go to their well deserved "sleep" when not in use. I guess it's the best thing to do after all, god knows how long they've been in their box before the arrived in my possession. They both came out "high".

thanks again!!
    Last edited by RonaldV; September 29th, 2012 at 21:55.

Welcome to the forum, Ronald! Looking forward to seeing some pics. We love pics here.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidj View Post
    Welcome to the forum, Ronald! Looking forward to seeing some pics. We love pics here.
    Thanks kiwidj! Will do will do!
    After I find the charger of my camera. A nice photo session of the G's with maybe a special guest appearance, my Omega Sesmaster Titanium, will be posted on here ASAP.

Thread Information