G&GW9000 on vacation 147H54,24'60

Thread: G&GW9000 on vacation 147H54,24'60

Thumbs Up G&GW9000 on vacation 147H54,24'60

Took my G&GW9000 on vacation, the GW received the atomic signal in Manhattan. While walking around Time Square there was a store that had a complete line of Seiko Spring Drive watches for sale. Fortunately for me the store had just closed this was around 5:30pm Sunday 7/02. This was mt first trip to the city all I can say is wow. On 7/03 we boarded our ship in Brooklyn to begin our Cruise. We sailed from NYC to Boston on the first night and the GW again received the signal at sea that night. Walking around Boston on Independence Day there was alot going on. The Firework's in Boston that night are the best we have ever seen (have to see them again). We sailed from Boston around 10:30pm to Bar Harbor, Maine(7/05). At sea that night the GW did not receive any signal. Bar Harbor is a small summer type community. While there we hiked some of the trails going up Cadillac Mountain, the view at the top was beautiful. From Maine we sailed further North to Nova Scotia,Canada. Again the GW did not receive any signal. We spent 7/06 in Halifax, we both agree this was our favorite stop on the trip. For the wife she found a pair of Mephisto shoes that fit just right. We also took a theatrical tour of The Alexander Keith's Brewery that is set in the 1860's. The wife gave me her beer samples(spouse satisfatory level plus 2) and it was a great tour. Alot to see in Halifax. From there we sailed 7/07 and arrived back in NYC on the morning of the July 8th. Sometime that night the GW DID pick-up a signal. The G9000 gets alot more wrist time. While sunning one day I sprayed on a sun screen while wearing the G the spray left a pock mock film on the watch and band that did not wipe off. As of today 7/13 the watch still has a lot of pock marks but the film has cleaned off. At the beginning of the trip after we cleared security I turned the ST1 on it ran until we returned and disembarked the plane our vacation timed out to 157H54,24'60. Vacation over back to reality LOL. I could not get my photo's to load, will have to ask the wife for some help tonight. Regards $teve

Wink Re: G&GW9000 on vacation 147H54,24'60

Hi Steve,

Great to hear your use of the 1000H stopwatch. 147 Hours eh... that's 6 days iCruise. Cool! Wives are always handy in breweries. I always have to help Eva with drinking when we com ein a sample room I'm curious, was it good beers?

If you want to upload pictures, you have to crop them first into a viewable format. You can use a hosting service like Photobucket.

Cheers,

Sjors
    Last edited by Sjors; July 13th, 2006 at 21:26.
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Retired and living in the mountains of Northeast Pennsylvania

Re: G&GW9000 on vacation 147H54,24'60

Sounds like a cool cruise, Steve! My wife and I sailed out of Brooklyn Pier June 14th on a 9-day Caribbean cruise and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!

Steve

My favorite diver? Jessica Alba, of course!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wink Re: G&GW9000 on vacation 147H54,24'60

Hi Steve (XTrooper),

Great picture. It looks like the background is a poster. Sometimes reality is unbelievable beautifull!

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Retired and living in the mountains of Northeast Pennsylvania

Thanks, Sjors! That pic was taken on Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos Islands with our moored ship, the Crown Princess, in the background. B-)

Sjors, The Beer was India Pale Ale, and yes is was very good. Also tried the honey brown, but asked the wife to sample more of the India Pale as you like to say cheers. Regards Steve

Steve, Wife and I did the same cruise two yrs ago. It's beautiful up north.
    Thanks, Mike

Thread Information