Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

G-nerd got mad shopping for Gshock

Walking by a watch store, at the mall, all Gs are 20% off
    so G-nerd jumped to the showcase to check them out:
    Woa, there are few riseman
    Woa, there are two BlackGold Mudman
    Woa, there is still one white GD-100 collab of whatever that black dude is
    Woa ...
    G-nerd's thought got cut off by a fat dude, with a fat son, and a wife since they moved in front without apologies and wanted to try on some G's
    No more free look for G-nerd
    Fat son was wearing the new black Gshock, shinny clothes but positive face => boring, G-nerd thought
    Fat dude asked to see the old and original black GA-110 for the son, son tried on and returned / G-nerd wanted to scream: at least get the damn GD100MS, it looks amazing and I own it
    Fat dude asked saleslady: Is there a Gshock that turn on the light when you turn your wrist ?
    Saleslady: No, we don't have that Gshock anymore
    G-nerd again wanted to scream: that feature is almost on every model, come on, people, just turn it on
    Fat dude walked around and came back: I wanted that Gshock on the cover of the Casio magazine
    G-nerd again thinking: what is wrong with you ? can you remember the G? or tell the model ?
    Saleslady asked boss for the magazine, Boss was busy selling a Seiko with 40% off: NO, we threw out that magazine already
    Fat son asked saleslady to try on the GD-100 Gold Black
    G-nerd thought: now, that IS a nice choice, that G rocks
    Wife: No, that watch is too feminine and flashy
    G-nerd left the store ...

There was a another young guy in his early 20s purchase a white GW-6900, that's the high light ...of the visit

edit: DO YOU EVER FEEL THE SAME ? as I have encountered several times ...
    Last edited by G-fob; November 28th, 2011 at 21:57.
    capt_RENGT likes this.

Re: G-nerd got mad shopping for Gshock

Nice RAP lyrics.

I had someone at a mall look at my watch and ask me if it was a G-shock. I said it was. They looked closer, then said, "No, it's obviously a fake. All real G-shocks have a G button. You got ripped off." (It was a frogman) I don't mind if someone is ignorant and admits it, but people who are ignorant and think they know what they're talking about annoy me.
    DBlock72, BrendanSilent and Wojo like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

JwY

Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    I had someone at a mall look at my watch and ask me if it was a G-shock. I said it was. They looked closer, then said, "No, it's obviously a fake. All real G-shocks have a G button. You got ripped off." (It was a frogman) I don't mind if someone is ignorant and admits it, but people who are ignorant and think they know what they're talking about annoy me.
    Did you say anything in response to that?
    My Tissot Seastar 1000 (2011 Edition) Review:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/tis...on-560425.html

@ G-Fob Dude, his name is Nigel Sylvester!! and you should know that, NERD!!!
    Mike

Now that one deserved a slap! Or at least set him straight!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by JwY View Post
    Did you say anything in response to that?

i had a guy selling fake g-shocks at a mall kiosk tell me mine was fake and his were real. i was wearing a GX-56-1B. i told him no, YOURS are fake and MINE is real. he says how much did you pay for that? i said 100 bucks. he laughs and says wow, you got ripped off, these are real and theyre only 15 bucks. i was about to explode, but my WUS training took over. "look, this front row is nothing but copies of the 6900. the row behind it is fake frogmen. look at the back of mine, it tells you the module number and model number. the back of yours say nothing. now watch as i flip through the modes, yours can't do that because they only have the time. now give me a bucket of water, and let's see how many of yours you are willing to drop in that bucket for an hour" and so on and so forth. he still laughed to whole time and told me how silly i was. lesson learned.
    DBlock72 likes this.

Berndan, Just give him a slap bruv! There's no cure for stupid!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by BrendanSilent View Post
    i had a guy selling fake g-shocks at a mall kiosk tell me mine was fake and his were real. i was wearing a GX-56-1B. i told him no, YOURS are fake and MINE is real. he says how much did you pay for that? i said 100 bucks. he laughs and says wow, you got ripped off, these are real and theyre only 15 bucks. i was about to explode, but my WUS training took over. "look, this front row is nothing but copies of the 6900. the row behind it is fake frogmen. look at the back of mine, it tells you the module number and model number. the back of yours say nothing. now watch as i flip through the modes, yours can't do that because they only have the time. now give me a bucket of water, and let's see how many of yours you are willing to drop in that bucket for an hour" and so on and so forth. he still laughed to whole time and told me how silly i was. lesson learned.

Many laughs with this thread. That´s the world: a place full with idiots.
    Kung and Brendan, I really admire your self control!
    And G-fob, Mike has a point, even if not for the right reason (his skills with the bike) but because his name is written on it!! (I didn´t know of his existence before that colab either) Hehe.

Go Team Bravus!!

Yes - a bunch of idiots who think they are experts, they say the strangest things sometimes.... the other day while I was wearing my Burning Red Frog someone came up to me to say "Nice G-shock", and I simply said "Thank you!"

Then it went something like this - he came back and said "You know the G-shock I really like is the Frogman"

I said "Well this IS a Frogman"

Then he said "But it's not the Frogman covered in diamonds"

BrendanSilent and DBlock72 like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information