A G.S. for a skinny wrist. - Page 2

Thread: A G.S. for a skinny wrist.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: A G.S. for a skinny wrist.

Thanks all, you've given a lot of good info. I'm really, really liking the GWM5600B. It's all black. It's a bit high for my price range at 200$, but I think I'll start pocketing away for it. Anyone know a in-state cheaper than average place to pick one up?

thanks again all,

v/r

mike

I also think the GWM5600 is one of the best choices
    However if you also feel like a round Gshock, the G2500 wears the same size, and wears smaller than the G7700, Mudman etc.. :

G9100BP - GLX5600 (*4) - G5600 (*3) - GLS5600 - GWM5600 - G7710 - G2500 (*2) - SGW100

Quote Originally Posted by rushane View Post
    Thanks all, you've given a lot of good info. I'm really, really liking the GWM5600B. It's all black. It's a bit high for my price range at 200$, but I think I'll start pocketing away for it. Anyone know a in-state cheaper than average place to pick one up?

thanks again all,

v/r

mike
    Google is your friend:
    GW M5600 - Google Product Search

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

JML

The fit problem on most of the large G-Shock watches will be the resin strap, not the size of the case of the watch. Where the strap attaches to the case, there's a piece on the bottom that keeps the strap aligned with the case. It angles the strap, but also prevents the strap from getting close to your wrist, because the strap can't flex at the attachment end, and is not flexible enough to snuggle up against your wrist.

So look at G-Shock watches with bracelets, or where the strap pivots at the case attachment point. You'll be suprised at the results. The Pathfinders are huge, but they can fit small wrists. My GW-3000 is huge, but the bracelet fits just fine.

Last edited by JML; August 31st, 2010 at 15:30.
    ** Aérowatch Pilot Chronograph ** Casio Edifice EQSA500B-1AV ** Casio Edifice EQW-A1200RP-1AER ** Casio ProTrek PRW2500-1A ** Citizen AT4008-51E ** Citizen AT8020-54L ** Filson Mackinaw Chronograph 11000310 ** G-Shock GW3000BD-1ACR ** Limes Cartouche ** Limes Nightflight Vintage Black ** Maratac SR-35 DLC-X1 ** Seiko Seiko SRPA21 PADI Mod ** Seiko SRP777 Mod ** Sinn 356 Flieger ** Stowa Flieger Classic 40 HW ** Traser P6506 Commander **

I wear 5600's and a Riseman on a skinny wrist. They feel comfortable and I slide them up about 3/4" from my wrist bone.

ALL OF 'EM! Remember, they're Japanese watches and are designed to wear as large watches on slim wrists, and most of them are sold in Asian markets where the average male wrist size is fairly small. If you walked around in Hong Kong for around 15 minutes, you'd see all sorts of G's being worn by anyone from teenage girls to cops. ;) As amusement, I counted G's on our trip to Macau on Sunday....from the time I left my front door at 8:30 am to the time I came back at 7pm, I saw 86 G's on different people. The most remarkable was that I saw 5 different Macau "Policia" wearing white G-LIDEs!

I think JML nailed it. I was quite worried on the previous comments as no one mentioned about the resin band fitment on the wrist (I'm one of the victim, although I don't really mind). I have a skinny 6.25" wrist too and I find 5600s fit my wrist best. Riseman & Gulfman are generally ok as they don't have the "stopper" thing, but not the Mudman & Frogman.

To better illustrate it, have a look on these. first shot I have my 5600 G-Lide on resin band. Second shot on the Mudman. You can see the gaps between the band & the case. The gap is actually large enough that I have to adjust the case from time to time.

Hope that helps.

JML

Quote Originally Posted by wave View Post
    I was quite worried on the previous comments as no one mentioned about the resin band fitment on the wrist (I'm one of the victim, although I don't really mind).... To better illustrate it, have a look on these.
    I think your pictures illustrate the issue very, very well! Even if the watch can be worn, it often becomes very annoying over time as it moves, or when you have to tighten the strap so much that is hurts. The attachment geometry won't change, even if the thin part of the strap eventually curves.
    ** Aérowatch Pilot Chronograph ** Casio Edifice EQSA500B-1AV ** Casio Edifice EQW-A1200RP-1AER ** Casio ProTrek PRW2500-1A ** Citizen AT4008-51E ** Citizen AT8020-54L ** Filson Mackinaw Chronograph 11000310 ** G-Shock GW3000BD-1ACR ** Limes Cartouche ** Limes Nightflight Vintage Black ** Maratac SR-35 DLC-X1 ** Seiko Seiko SRPA21 PADI Mod ** Seiko SRP777 Mod ** Sinn 356 Flieger ** Stowa Flieger Classic 40 HW ** Traser P6506 Commander **

Quote Originally Posted by filedog View Post
    Google is your friend:
    GW M5600 - Google Product Search

Thank you but none of those are the all black GWM5600B. Appreciated the effort though!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information