A G.S. for a skinny wrist.

Thread: A G.S. for a skinny wrist.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A G.S. for a skinny wrist.

Not much more to say than the title says, I have skinny wrists and want a G-shock. What are some of the smaller models they make? I know they make baby-g, but...no. I'm not wearing a watch that says "baby-g" on it. Seriously, guys in my unit might shoot me.

Any ideas? I'm liking the 5600 series, but there are so many stinking varieties my head is going to explode. I like them, but I like round watches more. All the round ones tend to be rather large.

v/r

Re: A G.S. for a skinny wrist.

Hi,

The 5600s probably are the most discreet of the range at the moment - who'd a thought that a few years ago - but the good news for you is that all the Gs are getting larger, and larger, and larger....

So any of the more established models seem really quite small now.

The DW-5600 or GW-M5600 (solar atomic) are probably the most compact, but if you want a round digital which can handle the knocks take a look at the G9000 series Mudman. They wear a lot smaller than they look.
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

I really like the Mudman or Riseman. There might be smaller roundish G-Shocks out there, but these models have great personality. Lots of color choices. I was out on a long hike yesterday and took my military "Men in Rusty Black" Riseman, and I totally forgot how great a watch it is! My wife likes her red Mudman.

--Greg

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Howdy !!

Skinny wrist guy here.
    The 5600 may definitely work out fine for your needs but don't be fooled,those 'bastids at Casio know that chunky and gadgets reeking pieces like Riseman and Mudman are waaaaay too appealing for us G's addict. And guess what ?? They've styled them so that even us "small wrister" can wear them and enjoy them.

Bottom line : I own 3 5600 wich all looks great,I've just bought a Mudman and a Riseman that looks OUT OF THIS WORLD. And feel like that too. Give a Mudman or a Riseman a try,they will look right at home on your wrist. And buy that 5600 anyway,you still need a watch for relaxed times,don't you ??
    Last edited by gettocard; August 30th, 2010 at 22:45.

The G-7700/710 is one of the smaller round models:

my wrist is about 18 to 18.5 cm.

The Mudman isn't too big either:

The G-7600 or GW-002 also might be worth a look.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

I'd go with the Mudman if I were you.

G-7700/710 is a good option if you want round and small. Let's face it, Mudman is pretty big. Although is much cooler, right.

My advice? Get a Mudman and learn to love BIG. :)

G.

Yeah, the G-9000 MX8 can be had for $60 plus shipping!

New York City: "The city that never sleeps". If it got some sleep, it wouldn't look so crappy!

I've got a bony 6.25" wrist (on a good day)-- try the DW-9052 or the G-2300B-- they fit very well on small wrists.

The DW-9052 is the most compact (though still thick) and is perhaps the best of the basic G's-- in that it has all the most essential basic features: stopwatch, countdown timer, one alarm, current time visible in all modes.
    The G-2300B is a bit larger, but the strap adapters it comes with not only hug the wrist very well, but you can adjust the nylon strap to your size or replace it with a NATO and not have to cut the end off a long resin strap to keep it from sticking out too much-- as you may have to with the DW-9052 (and you would certainly have to with the long straps on the Mudman, 5600, etc.). Also, the G-2300B's module has features you will probably find very useful. Besides stopwatch and countdown timer it can display 24 hour military time, has a world time feature to display a second timezone, is solar powered, and has multiple alarms. Current time is not displayed in other modes.
    Added bonus: both are very inexpensive models.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The best watch is the one that makes you happiest... and tells the time.

Quote Originally Posted by obsidian View Post
    I've got a bony 6.25" wrist (on a good day)-- try the DW-9052 or the G-2300B-- they fit very well on small wrists.

The DW-9052 is the most compact (though still thick) and is perhaps the best of the basic G's-- in that it has all the most essential basic features: stopwatch, countdown timer, one alarm, current time visible in all modes.
    The G-2300B is a bit larger, but the strap adapters it comes with not only hug the wrist very well, but you can adjust the nylon strap to your size or replace it with a NATO and not have to cut the end off a long resin strap to keep it from sticking out too much-- as you may have to with the DW-9052 (and you would certainly have to with the long straps on the Mudman, 5600, etc.). Also, the G-2300B's module has features you will probably find very useful. Besides stopwatch and countdown timer it can display 24 hour military time, has a world time feature to display a second timezone, is solar powered, and has multiple alarms. Current time is not displayed in other modes.
    Added bonus: both are very inexpensive models.

That's huge on you!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information