G-Shock 100B 4A Humidity inside ? Condensation ?
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: G-Shock 100B 4A Humidity inside ? Condensation ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

G-Shock 100B 4A Humidity inside ? Condensation ?

Hi everyone, i bought my 100B 4A like 3-5 weeks ago and now i noticed that in cold weather like -5 or -10°C something strange forms inside watch, it looks like humidity (see pic below ) whats wrong with my watch ? is it still waterproof ? Because someone told me that the rubbers in side watch worn off and lets water and humidity inside, is that true? Also this pic was taken 10 days ago, that "thing" today was a little bigger

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 1185
Size:  526.9 KB
    P.S. Sorry for my bad English if i made any mistakes.

lvt

Re: G-Shock 100B 4A Humidity inside ? Condensation ?

Even if it's normal, it affects the watch's readability in some way, personally I would open the watch and use a hair dryer to resolve the humidity problem.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

LUW

Quote Originally Posted by lvt View Post
    Even if it's normal, it affects the watch's readability in some way, personally I would open the watch and use a hair dryer to resolve the humidity problem.
    And if the ambient air was humid, you would have water trapped inside again. What needs to be done is to open the watch and dehumidify it, like what I did here.

Unfortunately trapped water vapor (=humidity) inside the case is quite common, specially with Thailand-assembled watches. However, there's nothing wrong with the watch per se, and no detrimental effects if you don't dehumidify it. I personally find it to be a PITA, so I always fix it.
    Chrisek and lvt like this.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It's a defect. If you bought it at a local store you should return the watch. Opening the watch will void the warranty.

LUW

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomACE View Post
    It's a defect. If you bought it at a local store you should return the watch.
    No, it's NOT a defect, it's a problem with environmental control at the assembly plant. That trapped moisture will NOT have any detrimental effects on the watch.

Opening the watch will void the warranty.
    Yep, that's a fact. However, the probability of getting a second watch with the same amount of moisture trapped inside is very high.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Quote Originally Posted by LUW View Post
    No, it's NOT a defect, it's a problem with environmental control at the assembly plant.
    A Casio product has to comply with its specification no matter where it has been produced. Otherwise the product is defective.

Quote Originally Posted by LUW View Post
    No, it's NOT a defect, it's a problem with environmental control at the assembly plant. That trapped moisture will NOT have any detrimental effects on the watch.

Yep, that's a fact. However, the probability of getting a second watch with the same amount of moisture trapped inside is very high.
    Yeah i was thinking about using hair dryer method but the i remembered about warranty, i'm thinking about your method, does it actually work ?

Quote Originally Posted by Beckettas View Post
    Yeah i was thinking about using hair dryer method but the i remembered about warranty, i'm thinking about your method, does it actually work ?
    Don't bother it is not a defect if it only happens when moving to a very cold environment.

Take any watch you like at room temperature and put an ice cube on the crystal for 60 seconds and see what happens I would be surprised if no condensation appeared on it.

Indeed I suspect that LUW's dehumidified watches will show the same. Perhaps LUW will try and report the result.

Mitch

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

A Casio product has to comply with its specification no matter where it has been produced. Otherwise the product is defective.
    If that would be true, I could call about 80% of my G's defective, because of that very same "problem".

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

LUW

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch100 View Post
    Indeed I suspect that LUW's dehumidified watches will show the same. Perhaps LUW will try and report the result.
    Mitch is right. Unless you reassemble the watch in a 0% humidity environment, which is basically impossible to do at home, you will have condensation under the crystal depending on ambient temperatures. The way I do it basically solves the problem for the conditions that I have here, that are roughly similar to the ISO standard. My new Thai watches would fog if I was at home at 20ºC and then went out for a ride at around 10ºC, or even warmer, but after dehumidifying them the fogging disappeared in these conditions.

However, using an extreme temperature variation, like heating the watches to 30ºC and then putting a piece of ice on the crystal, I could see some fogging under the crystal. Recently some one here at F17 even described this happening to a mighty Frog, but as I said, that is totally outside the ISO norm. I haven't done that to my Frogs, but even with my Seiko Marinemaster I could see some fogging.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information