G-Shock 4 screw caseback easy to strip?

Thread: G-Shock 4 screw caseback easy to strip?

G-Shock 4 screw caseback easy to strip?

Hello all,
    Was wondering, if I try to tackle changing the battery myself, (I saw good threads here on how to do it) was wondering if the 4 screws that hold the case back on are screwed into plastic? I would think if they are, then it would be very easy to strip the plastic, then the watch would be useless. Would like to know this first before I take one apart!

Re: G-Shock 4 screw caseback easy to strip?

It is more likely that you will round off the screws.

i just took apart my DW6900 to dye and color and i believe the screws where screwed into plastic. Its very easy to take apart as long as you have the proper tools to avoid striping

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Screwing back into the same holes is generally recommended as a precaution.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

They can be easily stripped, but just do as you normally would with any screw, and turn counterclockwise to getthe screw to seat properly and then tighten. Just don't tighten it too much.

Slightly off the thread...Tribe your watch list shrunk, what happened? Sorry if it's been discussed before, I've been away for awhile.

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by perfectlykevin View Post
    Slightly off the thread...Tribe your watch list shrunk, what happened? Sorry if it's been discussed before, I've been away for awhile.

It shrank a bit more today. I've just finished boxing up a watch for dispatch to one of our very own tomorrow.

I'm in the process of reducing from 12 to 7. Actually, I need to go down to six, because I've decided to have 5+2, and there's a watch I want to buy. The '5' will be my core collection, the '2' will effectively be auditioning to replace one of the '5'.

The main reason for this change is to get the ones I really like onto my wrist more often. Having 12 means only wearing each one for four or five weeks a year. Even having 7 means only wearing each one for seven or eight weeks a year. It just struck me as wrong to deliberate over a watch, save up the money, watch the tracking data, open the box, take the photo, etc, and then not wear it most of the time.

I'm also looking forward to the not-too-distant future, when I'll be retired and won't have the cash to flash on watches that come and go.

I'm really enjoying the process of working out what I need and what I don't need. It's probably the most instructive period in my time as a watch-fancier.

Two to go, and my watch fund is looking healthier by the day!
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Thread Information