G-shock for a 6 inch wrist

Thread: G-shock for a 6 inch wrist

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Confused G-shock for a 6 inch wrist

Hi everyone, this is my first post here, so I hope all of those in the know can help.

I have always wanted a G-shock, but they have always been too big for my skinny 6 inch wrists. I am a very active person, I enjoy running, swimming and mt biking; a normal watch therefore lasts me about 12 months, if I am lucky before it dies. A G-shock therefore seems like an ideal solution for me. But they all seem to be huuuge and look ridiculous on my wrist.

I very much like the idea of the solar powered/recharged, atomic watch such as the GW-M5600, but even that looks too big for my wrist. I have also considered the baby G, but they all seem to be a bit girly (moons and stars, pink, clear, etc). The mini G's look ideal, but they are not for sale in the UK. I have found a nice looking mini-G on ebay in Japan, but it is pretty basic and it doesn't have atomic/solar; plus by the time I had paid import duty, couriers handling fee and VAT it would be about £100 GBP (about $150 US Dollars). Too much for a watch lacking the features and functions I would ideally like.

Can any of you G-shock aficionados help please?:thanks

Re: G-shock for a 6 inch wrist

Not easy to find a smaller G than the GWM5600.
    If you like the ana-digi style, and without solar/atomic, there is the G300 and G314 families (many color variations). They are thicker then the GWM5600, but they wear smaller IMO, and I think it can be worth for you trying them in a shop.

G9100BP - GLX5600 (*4) - G5600 (*3) - GLS5600 - GWM5600 - G7710 - G2500 (*2) - SGW100

The 5600s should be managable with your wrist size. If it tickles your fancy, go for that GW-M5600. It's a great watch, and I am sure you will get used to how it wears very quickly.

Best regards
    Jan

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

5600 for sure... or a g-100
    watches are meant to tell times..

Have you actually tried the 5600 on ? You might be surprised, if you have not done so. They are very compact watches.

So too are the new Mudman watches - GW-9010, GW-9000 are the solar-atomic varieties. Again, extremely compact tough watches available widely at very good value. I'd say try and handle one of those as well.

Seeing as how your primary concern seems to be to get a watch for sporting/recreational use, as opposed to a daily wearer, I'd say if you get one that meets your requirements for function, the fact that it might look a little larger than a daily wearer on your wrist is a very secondary consideration.

^^^ cosign

5600 is great for people with small wrist.

You could also consider the MT-G 900. They have them at CostCo, if you happen to have one of those stores nearby wherever you live.

- Tim

Hi Andy, I have a couple suggestions for you...

First, you might try 5600 model with the composite bracelet. If you can't find a model you like that comes with one, you could order one and switch it out yourself. I think you could achieve a fairly good fit this way.

Second, I'd suggest you have a look at the GW2310. I believe it has all the features you are looking for, and is well-suited for a smaller wrist. It does sit up higher than a 5600 but that may not be an issue for you since you intend to use it for sports.

For reference, my wrist is about 6 3/4 inches.

I would also suggest the Mudman, but you would have a lot of strap left over...would you have an issue trimming the strap? If not, the Mudman would also be a good choice for someone with a smaller wrist.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Jim

The 5600 fits fairly well on a small wrist. Also try the 7700 or 7710.

I'll echo the 5600 recommendation. The GW-M5600 is about the largest of the 5600's though. if you want something slightly smaller a DW-5600 is the ticket or one of the 5000 models (screwdown case back and steel).

A G-8000 can also still be found and is a bit smaller than the classic 5600's. Great feature set too like the 5600.

I used to wear up to a 38mm watch and had to get used to larger ones. I think like anything it's a matter of getting used to the difference.

Kev

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information