G shock adapter
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By sodamonkey
  • 1 Post By Epal2Apol

Thread: G shock adapter

G shock adapter

Hello guys! I have a white DW6900 G. It's a pretty cool watch and I liked it a lot. However now it has turned into yellowish colour. So I decided to completely change the looks of it, I bought a black bezels for it and got a pair of used Nato adapters from one of my friends.The problem is the Nato adapters have a few scratches on them and it really annoys me(I know it is not a big deal but .....) Is there anyway I can remove the scratches or paint them again? Can I just spray paint the adapters? Will they look weird with the watch after that?

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: G shock adapter

Post moved to our G-Shock forum
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Try a Pencil eraser.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Opss sorry I didn't know there is a G shock forum. Here are some pics, I tried eraser but it won't work...
    Attached Images Attached Images

You need to 'treat' the surface in some way, Painting is not correct as it'll soon wear off and look dreadful. I had some plastic trim parts on my car that I treated some minor scratches by very gently rubbing down with 1000 grit sand paper. (Tr it on the back first to see how it goes). Or, you could live with it, the scratches are entirely in keeping with the G Shock ethos, especially as they represent a bit of history from your friends usage!
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Depends if you want to spend any money. If it were me and I'd bought a new bezel, I'd be buying new adapters too, I would hate the two to look so different because one part was new and the other used.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

Just replace them. If you are in the US, just buy a pair. It's only $2.++ a piece at Pacparts. However, if you can not source a pair of new one in your place, try Meguiar PlastX. They worked well in polishing my headlight.
    StephenWatch likes this.

Yeah I agree; just go for new ones if you can. I think the adapters by themselves are around $12 from Jay's and Kay's on eBay. I've still not seen a 100% effective method for removing the scratches.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    Encourage someone. The world has enough critics.

"I think he's referring to the design style that's typically called a 'field watch', not necessarily the best watch to take into the field. But yeah, G-Shock ftw." - WUS User 'GuySie'

I will definitely try the sandpaper method. Ya if it don't work then I will just look for a new pair of adapters but it's not easy to buy something like this at the place I live. Thanks for the help guys.

Quote Originally Posted by watchfever2000 View Post
    I will definitely try the sandpaper method. Ya if it don't work then I will just look for a new pair of adapters but it's not easy to buy something like this at the place I live. Thanks for the help guys.

Use a fine grade sandpaper not a coarse grade. If done right (meaning take your time) it should come out looking matte. Do not expect it to be perfect when done though.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

Thread Information