G-Shock arrived loose in box w/no packing!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sjors

Thread: G-Shock arrived loose in box w/no packing!

G-Shock arrived loose in box w/no packing!

Has this ever happened to you?:

I know G-Shocks are basically indestructible but still, the G-Shock box itself was mangled up.

What's with companies that use shoddy packing?

Just because they know G-Shocks are rugged, it doesn't mean we don't want them protected, right?
    Last edited by phototristan; November 14th, 2011 at 22:20.

Re: G-Shock arrived loose in box w/no packing!

Ha ha, I expected even no box and no tin. I heard about a company shipping like this too a few weeks or so ago. Where did it come from? I believe the other post was about a Bape loose in a box. I also rather have some protection. The watch survives obviously. I one had a crushed package. The tin was dented, but the watch was fine.

Cheers,

Sjors
    n_wildgirl likes this.
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

While the watch itself is pretty indestructible, it's the box and tin we want to protect. Some dealers just don't get that.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I had my AKROE 6900 shipped from Paris in a padded bag. They didn't even use a box. It was handled badly in the mail and the box was mangled with the lid of the metal tin off.

The boutique has promised to send new packaging as it's a collaboration model but it hasn't arrived yet. Every other watch I've bought though has been packaged pretty well, with private sellers easily shaming the shops.

Plus, why waste the money on a larger box and higher shipping cost. Dumb all the way around. They are definitely a crap shoot at best.
    Better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done...

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNasty1 View Post
    Plus, why waste the money on a larger box and higher shipping cost. Dumb all the way around. They are definitely a crap shoot at best.
    True. In the case of Zappos, they primarily sell shoes so it wouldn't surprise me if they don't have smaller boxes. Sorta cheap though and in that case, they should pack smaller items really well and not just throw them in a box like they did.

The average person working in some place like that in shipping could give a hoots less if it arrives bounced around or not. All they worry about is keeping up w/the flow of their work, IMHO. Ever seen those horror story's about how bad an AMAZON warehouse working environment is?
    Last edited by Time4Fun; November 15th, 2011 at 06:26.

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Quote Originally Posted by Time4Fun View Post
    The average person working in some place like that in shipping could give a hoots less if it arrives bounced around or not. All they worry about is keeping up w/the flow of their work, IMHO. Ever seen those horror story's about how bad an AMAZON warehouse working environment is?
    Absolutely right.

I doubt they capture packer information by shipment. There's probably a team of people on duty at the time and so it's not possible to finger anybody specifically for doing a shoddy packing job. And frankly, for the wages earned, those people aren't going to give a damned. It's like you said, keeping up with the flow of work.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Ridiculous packing!
    I do understand that we're talking about G's, so they can withstand to be bumped around during the transit but there's no justification to see something bad packed!
    When i see stuff like that, the first thing i think is a totally lack of professionalism.
    Very, very disappointing.

cheers.

It really just looks like your package got missed in the peanut or air bag filler line.

-- Tracy V

Thread Information