G-Shock atomic models

Thread: G-Shock atomic models

G-Shock atomic models

I am interested in a radio controlled Casio but often see comments on here that the accuracy depends upon where one lives in regards to the station in Fort Collins.I live in Virginia, so will this be a problem?

Thanks!

Re: G-Shock atomic models

The signal from Ft. Collins, on a macro level, is good enough for just about anywhere in the contiguous States for Waveceptor reception.

It's the micro level variables that can make or break a reception. Being on higher ground with the least amount of obstructions help reception and so does good weather.

Even though Multi Band Waveceptor is still the latest and greatest tech from Casio, it's really not a lot different from the touch and go of the shortwave radio which has been around for what seems like ages. And it's all alright, anyway, 'cause most Casio modules are very accurate on their own without the radio control.

The Multi Band, when it works, just adds a dimension of automation (no DST or timezone corrections) and assurance of almost absolute accuracy which makes for an enjoyable ownership experience.

I lived in Fort Lee in a tall condo and could never catch a signal. When I moved to Queens, NY (17 miles away) I'm surrounded by apartment bldg's, but for some reason I can catch the signal even from indoors. It has made me much interested in more multiband G's now...... The signal didn't automatically switch my watches from DST to EST, but the minutes and seconds are always accurate! I think my atomic Gs do a better job with the signal than my multiband Pathfinders!
    Last edited by GregNYC; December 5th, 2011 at 07:53.

--Greg

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GregNYC View Post
    I lived in Fort Lee in a tall condo and could never catch a signal. When I moved to Queens, NY (17 miles away) I'm surrounded by apartment bldg's, but for some reason I can catch the signal even from indoors. It has made me much interested in more multiband G's now...... The signal didn't automatically switch my watches from DST to EST, but the minutes and seconds are always accurate! I think my atomic Gs do a better job with the signal than my multiband Pathfinders!
    Did you live in Winston towers ?

In North Carolina near Raleigh. Live currently in a bottom floor of a 3 story building and it is the only time that mine don't sync every day. Newer ones catch on quicker (just checked when DST took place) and the Multiband 6 did right on. Others took a couple of days (Multi Band 5, over 6 yr old). Bought a Gulfman and a Silencer sometime ago from people who lived in VA beach and they both said they synced fine everyday. As of today they all synced 2 days ago (I have 6 Casio atomics).

Thread Information