G Shock with Atomic Time Sync from Japan & China

Thread: G Shock with Atomic Time Sync from Japan & China

G Shock with Atomic Time Sync from Japan & China

Hi All,

I am looking for an inexpensive G Shock that is able to sync with the time signals from Japan and China.
    I stay in India and just want to try my luck with having the watch sync with either of these two signals...... China being the closest.......... I am approx 3000 km from Shangqiu, the place that transmits the signal in China...its a far shot but I have read of watches in Australia syncing with the Japanese signal.
    That's why I am looking for an inexpensive model.

Advise on models would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Fateh

Moderator G-Shock Forum

Re: G Shock with Atomic Time Sync from Japan & China

The cheapest 6-band G is AFAIK the GW-M5610.

The AWG-M100 is the second least expensive.

But thats just based on EU prices.

You may also find the GW-6900 with a discount.

Quote Originally Posted by d2mac View Post
    The cheapest 6-band G is AFAIK the GW-M5610.

The AWG-M100 is the second least expensive.

But thats just based on EU prices.

You may also find the GW-6900 with a discount.

Thanks...........could you recommend any place where I can buy online?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

isn't the Himalaya blocking the sync signal?

Quote Originally Posted by G-fob View Post
    isn't the Himalaya blocking the sync signal?
    That's what I need to find out and there's only one way to do that.........buy one.

:)

Hey, somebody please tell me of a reliable seller of g shocks.....this would be my first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think you'll have a problem, in order to sync the Home city of the watch will have to be set to HKG, BJS or TPE in China to even look for the signal (if you set it to a home city that doesn't have pre programmed coverage (eg DEL) it turns off looking for a signal)
    and if you set your home city to one of the China cities in order to look for a signal then it will also display China time which is +8 whereas India is +5.5 (unless you use the world time function for day to day use)

We've heard from forum members in Australia receiving a sync signal occasionally but then again they don't have the Himalayas in the way...

While I would not say it is impossible to receive a sync signal in India. I dare say it is highly unlikely and even if possible, it would be as a rare occurrence. The pics below come from a G-Shock manual. As you can see, India is no where near the signal range. However, don't let that stop you from buying an Atomic G-Shock. I live well out of range also but I do have a few Atomics simply because I like the models.

In short, if you are buying it as an experiment, just don't be surprised if your watch doesn't sync. It won't matter though, cos you would still have a nice G-Shock...

Name:  Japan & Chinese Atomic Signal.JPG
Views: 876
Size:  89.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by metatime View Post
    We've heard from forum members in Australia receiving a sync signal occasionally but then again they don't have the Himalayas in the way...

While I would not say it is impossible to receive a sync signal in India. I dare say it is highly unlikely and even if possible, it would be as a rare occurrence. The pics below come from a G-Shock manual. As you can see, India is no where near the signal range. However, don't let that stop you from buying an Atomic G-Shock. I live well out of range also but I do have a few Atomics simply because I like the models.

In short, if you are buying it as an experiment, just don't be surprised if your watch doesn't sync. It won't matter though, cos you would still have a nice G-Shock...

Name:  Japan & Chinese Atomic Signal.JPG
Views: 876
Size:  89.5 KB
    Thanks for the info......I had seen the coverage map earlier and was thinking on the lines that even Australia is nowhere near that area.

As far as the Himalayas are concerned, I do not think that the signal would be a line of sight kinds, otherwise the range would be nowhere near what it is.

I may be wrong, but would still like to try.......still looking for some reference to G shock sellers.

:)

Chino Watch, Seiya or Higuchi are highly regarded. You'll find them if you Google. Outside of that we scour Rakuten or Yahoo Japan for Japanese Domestic Market models.

Otherwise, Ebay is as good a place but you need to know what to look for to avoid buying a lemon... Enjoy your G-hunt and do post pics of your new watch when you get it!

Thread Information