G-Shock aviation owners
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: G-Shock aviation owners

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

G-Shock aviation owners

These models were only slightly interesting to me before, because I always viewed them as just a repackaging of the GIEZ or MTG models. But I must admit, they are really starting to grow on me. Especially the GW-2000 models.

I was wondering if current owners could share your thoughts on it?

How does it compare to the GW-2500? Or the GW-3000?

:thanks

GW-2000B

GW-2500

GW-3000
    mitadoc likes this.

Re: G-Shock aviation owners

I have a GW-2000 but none of the others so cannot compare them. I like mine it's my only all analog quartz.

Complaints would be that it's too small and when the power level goes down the alarm doesn't work. This is normal but the trouble is with analogs you are told the power is low by the second hand skipping 2secs at a time. If you don't happen to recognize this and set an alarm or it goes to that state after you set it the alarm just doesn't go off. This has removed this watch from being one that I'd rely on.

A couple of times I've also had the hands get all out of whack and had to correct the home positions. Odd thing is this happened when it was just sitting 0n a shelf. Sometimes I think that's why they are no so available. Maybe Casio had a problem with them and just stopped sending them out and waits for people to send them in for fixing instead of starting a "recall" of sorts.

I have the very same model you pictured above BTW.
    -Nate
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by natornate View Post
    I have a GW-2000 but none of the others so cannot compare them. I like mine it's my only all analog quartz.

Complaints would be that it's too small and when the power level goes down the alarm doesn't work. This is normal but the trouble is with analogs you are told the power is low by the second hand skipping 2secs at a time. If you don't happen to recognize this and set an alarm or it goes to that state after you set it the alarm just doesn't go off. This has removed this watch from being one that I'd rely on.

A couple of times I've also had the hands get all out of whack and had to correct the home positions. Odd thing is this happened when it was just sitting 0n a shelf. Sometimes I think that's why they are no so available. Maybe Casio had a problem with them and just stopped sending them out and waits for people to send them in for fixing instead of starting a "recall" of sorts.

I have the very same model you pictured above BTW.
    Thanks, Nate. Can you tel me more about what you mean by the hands getting "out of whack"? Is this is known problem?

So bottom line, all things considered, would you recommend this watch (especially given some of the other analog models G-Shock has to offer)?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    Thanks, Nate. Can you tel me more about what you mean by the hands getting "out of whack"? Is this is known problem?

So bottom line, all things considered, would you recommend this watch (especially given some of the other analog models G-Shock has to offer)?
    It's actually the second hand. It got messed up somehow where it wasn't pointing the right place. Setting the home position corrected it. Not sure how it got that way and for all I know it was from the power getting too low or something just on my watch.

I'd recommend the GW-2000, I really like it. I might have gotten the GW-3000 instead only for the cosmetics of it but much of it is that I don't have one. I like the colors they have and they look bigger. I never checked for sure and they might be the same size. Don't care much as I'm not getting another as I already have my GW-2000.

Hope some of this helps.
    -Nate
    -Albert Einstein

It's actually the second hand. It got messed up somehow where it wasn't pointing the right place. Setting the home position corrected it. Not sure how it got that way and for all I know it was from the power getting too low or something just on my watch.

I'd recommend the GW-2000, I really like it. I might have gotten the GW-3000 instead only for the cosmetics of it but much of it is that I don't have one. I like the colors they have and they look bigger. I never checked for sure and they might be the same size. Don't care much as I'm not getting another as I already have my GW-2000.

Hope some of this helps.
    It does help, Nate.

So is the second hand on the GW-2000 actually functional, or is it just a pointer (like on some of the previous 5-motor models)?

Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    It does help, Nate.

So is the second hand on the GW-2000 actually functional, or is it just a pointer (like on some of the previous 5-motor models)?
    It shows the seconds in normal time mode. After having Giez and MTG-1000s that have the seconds in the subdial that was a big selling point of the GW-2000 for me. Looks like the 3000s have it too but I don't have one so I'm not sure.
    -Nate
    -Albert Einstein

Do these aviation" watches have the Tough Mvt?

I think the only model among these having the tough movement spec is the new GW-3000. But there is some confusion on the web regarding this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardD View Post
    Do these aviation" watches have the Tough Mvt?
    The GW-2000 does not. Came out before they started that.
    -Nate
    -Albert Einstein

Looks like the 3000s have it too but I don't have one so I'm not sure.
    Yes, on the GW-3000 the second hand counts seconds in time-keeping mode.
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...t=good+gw-3000

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information