Which G-Shock to buy next?

Thread: Which G-Shock to buy next?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which G-Shock to buy next?

Hi guys! I just got a G5500MC-5 and i'd quickly want to add another G to start off my mini watch collection. I'm currently looking at DW6600s and DW6900s at our local ADs here in the Philippines. What caught my eye this afternoon was a DW6900 in gold tone which i don't get to see often at other ADs here. Is there something special about the gold tone?

I'm really torn between three Gs at the moment.. DW5600C, DW6600, and the DW6900 so I really need your best opinions.

Thanks

John
    GW-200Z
    G-9000MS MIRB
    DW-5600MS MIRB
    Victorinox Classic Chrono Ti
    SEIKO 6309s
    SEIKO OM
    SS ECOZILLA
    SEIKO TUNA 7549-7010
    SEIKO TUNA SBBN007

Re: Which G-Shock to buy next?

Quote Originally Posted by jkchua View Post
    Hi guys! I just got a G5500MC-5 and i'd quickly want to add another G to start off my mini watch collection. I'm currently looking at DW6600s and DW6900s at our local ADs here in the Philippines. What caught my eye this afternoon was a DW6900 in gold tone which i don't get to see often at other ADs here. Is there something special about the gold tone?

I'm really torn between three Gs at the moment.. DW5600C, DW6600, and the DW6900 so I really need your best opinions.

Thanks

John
    If you found the DW5600C I'd really recommend going for that one (first) since they are difficult to come by these days. Plus, I'm a big fan on the screwbacks as they do give the watch a little more "heft" and feels more substantial on the wrist.

The 6600 and 6900 models are also classic/iconic models of the G-Shock line. You can't go wrong with any of these!

Hey JK:
    I'm not gonna tell you which one to buy, however, you can narrow down the field by looking at the modules. What functions do you like and which ones do you value most. That together with form helps me make the decision.....

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

John
    If you happen to bump into a DW5600C, Get it! Grab it! Keep it! this type of watch is rare nowadays and mind you, its a screwback. DW6600 & 6900, a classic! a must in every collection. Happy watch hunting and post some pics if ever you have purchased one already. Maligayang pasko kabayan!

BenL & devgru, Really? Is it that rare of a find? To tell you the truth the 5600 was the main reason i kept going back to that shop 'coz i really wanted to get different kinds or colors of g-shocks which looked like my 5500, squared ones. Not until i kept on reading about the 6600s and 6900s here at WUS. I'll be there first thing in the morning to purchase the 5600C. Thanks guys.

Interceptor, I think that's what happened when i purchased my 5500mc. I was gonna get the G9000MC-3JF "MUDMAN" 'coz it costs less than the average mall price but when i tried it on, it just didn't feel right for me. I felt more comfortable when i tried on the 5500MC. Plus the functions on the 5500MC is ok with me. I really don't need the special functions what the riseman, gulfman, or the mudman have.. although they do seem pretty cool functions Thanks man.

devgru, guess what.. The store has two 5600Cs!!!
    GW-200Z
    G-9000MS MIRB
    DW-5600MS MIRB
    SEIKO 6309s
    SEIKO OM
    SS ECOZILLA
    SEIKO TUNA 7549-7010
    SEIKO TUNA SBBN007

BenL & devgru, Really? Is it that rare of a find? To tell you the truth the 5600 was the main reason i kept going back to that shop 'coz i really wanted to get different kinds or colors of g-shocks which looked like my 5500, squared ones. Not until i kept on reading about the 6600s and 6900s here at WUS. I'll be there first thing in the morning to purchase the 5600C. Thanks guys.

Interceptor, I think that's what happened when i purchased my 5500mc. I was gonna get the G9000MC-3JF "MUDMAN" 'coz it costs less than the average mall price but when i tried it on, it just didn't feel right for me. I felt more comfortable when i tried on the 5500MC. Plus the functions on the 5500MC is ok with me. I really don't need the special functions what the riseman, gulfman, or the mudman have.. although they do seem pretty cool functions Thanks man.

devgru, guess what.. The store has two 5600Cs!!!
    Just curious - how much is the store selling the 5600C for?

The store has two 5600Cs!!!
    Get'em both!

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidj View Post
    Get'em both!

For sure

At the current exchange rate of the peso-U.S.dollar here, it'll be about $63. Is it worth it? I could also use my credit card to purchase it and have it on 6months 0% interest at the same price. What do you think
    GW-200Z
    G-9000MS MIRB
    DW-5600MS MIRB
    SEIKO 6309s
    SEIKO OM
    SS ECOZILLA
    SEIKO TUNA 7549-7010
    SEIKO TUNA SBBN007

My bad, it wasn't a 5600C. It's a 5600E and i think they used that watch at initial d the movie, right? Anyways i'm still thinking about getting it

I got this instead. DW-5600B Timezoner (i fell in love with this 'coz it kinda looked stealthy)

A photo op for my G-5500MC-8
    GW-200Z
    G-9000MS MIRB
    DW-5600MS MIRB
    SEIKO 6309s
    SEIKO OM
    SS ECOZILLA
    SEIKO TUNA 7549-7010
    SEIKO TUNA SBBN007

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information