G-shock carabiner/pocket watch band?

Thread: G-shock carabiner/pocket watch band?

G-shock carabiner/pocket watch band?

Hey guys I'm looking for a strap or adapter that will let me clip my g shock like a carabiner, since I can't wear it on my wrist at work. Any ideas what would work well? Needs to be fairly durable and water resistant. I found a garmin one but not sure if it would fit...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: G-shock carabiner/pocket watch band?

I have that Garmin stuff for my Fenix and it's really good. Don't know if it will fit a GShock, never tried it on mine

Quote Originally Posted by crannon View Post
    Hey guys I'm looking for a strap or adapter that will let me clip my g shock like a carabiner, since I can't wear it on my wrist at work. Any ideas what would work well? Needs to be fairly durable and water resistant. I found a garmin one but not sure if it would fit...
    It would definitely help to know WHICH model G-Shock you have -- many G-Shocks use normal spring bars to attach the strap, while others "only" use screws, and some OTHER ones use "screw-and-post" mechanisms similar to those pictured above.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    It would definitely help to know WHICH model G-Shock you have -- many G-Shocks use normal spring bars to attach the strap, while others "only" use screws, and some OTHER ones use "screw-and-post" mechanisms similar to those pictured above.
    Whoops sorry. I thought they were all the same size. It's the DW9052-2.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Whoops sorry. I thought they were all the same size. It's the DW9052-2.
    The DW9052 uses the same "normal" springbars that most other watches use:

Name:  16mm.jpg
Views: 854
Size:  3.0 KB

It MIGHT be possible to take the strap off, take the bezel off, and use a tiny drill to put holes in the watch's lugs to accommodate those "screws and posts" but it wouldn't be at all easy and might damage the integrity of the lugs even if you do a great job! If you do a bad job, you might not be able to attach ANY strap and the cheapest fix then would be "buy a new DW9052."

It might be easier to just use the stock springbars to attach the watch to a similar 16mm wide nylon loop, but I'm not sure how easily the fabric would fit behind the springbar. Many people use adapters to attach DW9052's (and many other models with 16mm lugs) to nylon straps for their wrists, so that might be another option -- but in either case the springbars probably won't be quite as secure as threaded posts.

On the other hand, since Casio uses short 16mm springbars because they ARE stronger and less prone to bending, we don't see many reports at all of springbar failures when G's are worn on the wrist!

I am wondering what kind of work you do which makes you cannot wear your g-shock?
    G-Shock GW-5000-1AJF
    G-Shock DW-5000-1JF
    G-Shock GW-5000B-1JR
    Omega Seamaster Professional 2254.50
    Omega Seamaster Professional 2254.50 (well you know, for backup)
    Rolex Osyter Perpetual 116000 Silver.

Quote Originally Posted by gzpermadi View Post
    I am wondering what kind of work you do which makes you cannot wear your g-shock?
    I work as a barista and we cannot wear wrist watches due to sanitation rules. But I can clip one to my apron!

Why not put the watch strap (buckled up) on the caribiner? It isn't as clean looking but is significantly easier. It also makes it much faster to actually wear the watch on your wrist after work or on break.

Also, you are a barista and can't wear a watch? That's a strange one to me, you are not really preparing food, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
    Why not put the watch strap (buckled up) on the caribiner? It isn't as clean looking but is significantly easier. It also makes it much faster to actually wear the watch on your wrist after work or on break.

Also, you are a barista and can't wear a watch? That's a strange one to me, you are not really preparing food, are you?
    I tried buckling the watch to my apron but it's too bulky. I'd like something that lays flat. Yeah the no wrist watch thing at work is bogus but whatever. I'll probably just end up modding a nylon band, cutting it short and sewing the end into a loop. Seems to be the easiest way to get what I'm looking for.

you could just get a model of G that comes with a D clip ;)

seriously tho, instead of messing with the one you wear on your arm, what about getting a beater that comes on a velcro strap so you can just slide the band off then have your way with the case? plenty of older models go for cheap. or even just getting a non-G and take the non buckle side of the strap off and have it hanging like a nurses fob watch?
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Thread Information