g- shock clone - pointzero
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: g- shock clone - pointzero

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

g- shock clone - pointzero

Hi,

I mentioned once before on the forum about the Point Zero clone-type watches I had seen at Walmart. At the time I didn't have any camera to take a pic - but I just saw them in a flyer. They are selling for Can$20 and I have indicated by arrows the two that bear a superficial similarity to well known G-shocks. I wouldn't call them "homages" since that implies a quality that is inherent in the watch.

I thought I'd share with the group, as they would make fun watches for little kids.

I attached two pics. The first is the whole ad from the flyer, the second is cropped to just show the two watches in question.

(No prizes for guessing which watches they sort of resemble.)

Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Ghobbit; August 27th, 2010 at 01:02.
    Ghobbit

Re: g- shock clone - pointzero

"exclusive styles designed by point zero"

Well yes. Much in the same way that in the audio world, Behringer's design department is well known to be a photocopier...
    BrendanSilent likes this.
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

That 9052 clone looks way too close for Casio NOT to say something, right down to the controversial "studs"......Unless it's from them?

Josh

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I doubt it. Given the 100% lack of interest by Casio in the thousands of actual fakes flooding ebay, markets, and even decent retail shops now, unfortunately they will simply not care. I have no idea why.
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

brearghhhhhhh
    watches are meant to tell times..

Quote Originally Posted by Maine View Post
    I doubt it. Given the 100% lack of interest by Casio in the thousands of actual fakes flooding ebay, markets, and even decent retail shops now, unfortunately they will simply not care. I have no idea why.

I think theres alot more to it that we don't know about, especially with all the fake junk ebay is now littered with, all the chinese copies, I would be willing to bet that 8 out of 10 g-shocks on ebay are now fakers. I almost wonder if Casio even has there models registered with trademarks?
    Experience is what you end up with when you didn't get what you wanted.

Funny you brought this up. The other day I saw my 4 year old nephew wearing a watch. I said to my sis, when did you buy mike a g shock? I looked at it closer and saw that it was point zero. The exact watch on the right in the 2nd pic. Great for kids but it is sketchy how much it looks like the 9052.

Banned
    Brokeback Mountain, The Balkans, N. Korea, NY, The Middle East.....all the nice places on earth

I was at Walmart earlier this afternoon and I didn't see any of these watches in the watch department. Could it be that only a few Walmart stores carry the Point Zero G-Shocks?

Coming to a Wal-Mart near you, soon~Cheers!

Fox News says: Wal-Mart is ruining the US retail market with all it's products made in China. Driving eveyone out of business. Very sad
    Mechagodzilla find me a G-Shock in Tokyo!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information