Are G-Shock collectible?
Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By raze
  • 7 Post By kung-fusion

Thread: Are G-Shock collectible?

Are G-Shock collectible?

I never really looked into them before, but there's a few models I really like the look of. Do they hold their value? Or is it just the more expensive models?

Re: Are G-Shock collectible?

Well, it really depends on what models your looking at. If you like it then collect and enjoy them. Forget the value or trying to flip them later on for more money.
    dhodesign and Vade_R like this.
    IG: mr.zerimar

Current:
    Rolex Submariner 114060 / Omega Moonwatch / Steinhart OVM 1.0 / Seiko SRP775 / G-Shock GMW-B5000-1 / G-Shock Mudman G9000-8V

Past: Rolex Explorer 214270, Rolex 15200, Rolex 16233, Rolex 116000, Cartier Santos Automatic, Bulgari Scuba Chrono, Panerai PAM 72, Tudor Black Bay BBN, Omega PO 8500, Omega Moonwatch, Omega Speedy 57 re-issue, U-Boat Flightdeck CAS 50, U-Boat Flightdeck ABO, U-Boat Classico 53, Seiko SBDX011, Seiko SBBN015, Seiko SBDX001, Seiko SBBN013, Seiko SBBN017, Seiko SBDC003, Seiko SBDC001, Seiko SKX 399, Seiko Samurai, Seiko Spork, Seiko Stargate, Seiko BFS, Seiko SRP233, Seiko Bullhead SCEB015, Orient OS300, Citizen Ti Ecozilla, Dievas Vintage Cali Ti, Zenton M45, Steinhart Triton 100ATM, Steinhart Apollon, Steinhart O1V, Steinhart OVM, Magrette Brass, Armida A7, Zeno Rally Timer Chrono, Vostok Amphibia, Suunto X-Lander, and too many G's!

Sometimes they hold value, sometimes they lose value, and sometimes the value goes up. There is no way to accurately predict, but generally speaking the more "limited" and "special" a model is, the more likely it will be collectible and hold value. But I agree with raze---buy what you like, don't worry about value. Definitely don't buy something you don't like just because you think it might be worth more in a year or two. That's a waste of time and you will frustrate people who are trying to get the watch because they actually want it. When new limited editions come out, there are scalper types waiting to pounce on them and take advantage of people on ebay. Sometimes the real fans and collectors can't get them easily because all the resellers get them first.
    dhodesign, cedric, Vade_R and 4 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I agree to go with what you like.

I bought my first 6900 on ebay last night, a DW-6900FSAS-1GJCU Adult Swim Metalocalypse 2013 Limited Edition. While still making up my mind on whether or not to get it I Googled up a youtube review of it where the guy who reviewed it paid $200 for his when it first came out, and I got mine new in the box for half that.

That's not to say in 10 years it won't go up in value in someones mind, but I'm not going to lock it away in a safe waiting for it to happen.

I did see an Adult Swim Aqua Teen Hunger Force Limited Edition that somebody must have thought was pretty valuable though. They were asking over $300 for it. Whether or not somebody else does remains to be seen.
    Last edited by OCDood; December 16th, 2013 at 03:01.

Thread Information