G-Shock with countdown timer range less than a minute?
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: G-Shock with countdown timer range less than a minute?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

G-Shock with countdown timer range less than a minute?

I'm looking for a G-Shock that I can use for timing the play clock in high school football games. I typically countdown from 20 seconds and then hand signal the last 5 seconds. I was almost ready to pull the trigger on a 7900, but read in the manual that the lowest value the countdown timer can be set is one minute. I need to set the timer to begin countdown at 20 seconds.

Anyone know of a G-Shock (similar to the 7900) that has this feature?

Thanks for any help.

Re: G-Shock with countdown timer range less than a minute?

Quote Originally Posted by YMark View Post
    I'm looking for a G-Shock that I can use for timing the play clock in high school football games. I typically countdown from 20 seconds and then hand signal the last 5 seconds. I was almost ready to pull the trigger on a 7900, but read in the manual that the lowest value the countdown timer can be set is one minute. I need to set the timer to begin countdown at 20 seconds.

Thanks for any help.
    Similar?

Not really, but DW-5600E, G-7710, from bigger ones GD-350.

Ana-digi - AWG-M100.
    Mr. Ibe's unofficial fanclub ;)
    ------------------------------
    The legacy is more intimidating than any opposition... WGFM

Most people would want a watch with a timer with range of 24 hr or more. But I guess you want it to have more precision rather. Some of the analog/digital G-Shock would have lesser range, such as the AWGM100 only has a 100min timer. Some of the older digital G-shocks would have lesser range, such as the GWM5600 has a 60min timer. But, I doubt you can set a stop time of 20 seconds, since the lowest setting increment is 1 min. Although, they do display the count down in 1 second to even 1/10 second precision.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I didn't see rybak's comment until I posted mine. The AWGM100 is definitely can Not be set in 1 second increment, because I have the watch. Though it can display the count down in 1 second precision.

The GD-350 however is confirmed to be able to set in 1 second increments, and display the count down in 1/10 second precision! Check out the YouTube video below, skip to 23:33min for the review timer mode.

It will do what you want for sure, and having the count down in the main display is a plus!
    YMark likes this.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by YMark View Post

Thanks for any help.
    The GD-350 already mentioned is very similar in size and wearing comfort (a bit better actually IMO) to the G(W)7900 series and definitely with one of the best modules ever. In fact besides the GA-100 I haven't worn any of my G's in the last six months or so, they don't feel right whenever I try....

cheers
    sidecross likes this.
    We are 12.6 %

Quote Originally Posted by watch_geek2014 View Post
    I didn't see rybak's comment until I posted mine. The AWGM100 is definitely can Not be set in 1 second increment, because I have the watch. Though it can display the count down in 1 second precision.

The GD-350 however is confirmed to be able to set in 1 second increments, and display the count down in 1/10 second precision! Check out the YouTube video below, skip to 23:33min for the review timer mode.

It will do what you want for sure, and having the count down in the main display is a plus!
    Hi,

are You 100%-sure, that this what You're writing regarding AWG-M100 is correct?

Because I own it also, so as all others mentioned in my post above - and I tried this function in all four, before I wrote it
    It CAN definitely be set in 1 sec.-steps.

So either there are different modules of M100, or my watch is somehow out of order.

Or Yours

Or maybe You haven't tried that

Quote Originally Posted by rybak View Post
    Hi,

are You 100%-sure, that this what You're writing regarding AWG-M100 is correct?

Because I own it also, so as all others mentioned in my post above - and I tried this function in all four, before I wrote it
    It CAN definitely be set in 1 sec.-steps.

So either there are different modules of M100, or my watch is somehow out of order.

Or Yours

Or maybe You haven't tried that

Ok, you're right. The idiot of me, I forgot to press the mode button... So yes, the AWM100 can be set in 1 sec increment too.

Since he used it for sports purpose, I think the GD-350's still more appropriate with the big display.

Ok, you're right. The idiot of me, I forgot to press the mode button... So yes, the AWM100 can be set in 1 sec increment too.

Since he used it for sports purpose, I think the GD-350's still more appropriate with the big display.
    Here I'm with You, and with cal.45

As all football players known to me are rather big guys, with big hands, also the buttons of GD-350 will be better than the others for this purpose.

Although the 7710 has two countdowntimers, which could be started successively and also be used as an interval timer. The display is smaller that this of 350, but the buttons are larger than in 5600 E and M100.

Let's not forget the neat module in G8900s, which come in many different colors. Here's my yellow/black with timer set at 10 seconds and the bright lights on
    Joakim Agren, YMark and Rocat like this.

This countdown timer is just what I'm looking for. I'm a football official (back judge) and need to time the play clock.

However, the above review is from a watch purchased in Japan. I'm curious if the USA version is a bit different. From the USA G-Shock web page regarding the GD350-8:

Countdown timer w/Direct Access

Measuring unit: 1 second
    Countdown range: 24 hours
    Countdown start time setting range: 1 minute to 24 hours (1-second increments, 1-minute increments and 1-hour increments)

The bold might just be a copy / paste issue.

EDIT: Must be a typo.... from the manual:

The timer start time can be set in one-second increments up to 24 hours. The watch

will sound a tone and fl ash its display illumination, or it will vibrate when the end of
    the timer countdown is reached
    Last edited by YMark; October 19th, 2014 at 20:32.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information