G shock died..
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: G shock died..

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 59
  1. #1
    Member JLS36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,008

    G shock died..

    Question for the pros. I purchased this g shock two years ago from Amazon. I wear it almost daily(gym, yard work etc.)i took it off last night after wearing it casually in the sun all day yesterday. Used it to set another watch. Woke up put it on and boom nothing. All the buttons seem non responsive. I know it's not a lack of solar power. Any tricks to get it back up and running or do I trash it and buy another?

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Moderator G-Shock Forum Sjors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    21,483

    G shock died..

    It looks like the CTL1616 let you down. I donít know the model number, but it looks like an older model, from a time the CTL1616 wasnít always reliable. On the others hand, if it getís enough light, it should produce more than enough energy to make the watch work.

    Cheers,

    Sjors




    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    Queen6 likes this.
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.


    Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010


  3. #3
    Member JLS36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,008

    Re: G shock died..

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post
    It looks like the CTL1616 let you down. I donít know the model number, but it looks like an older model, from a time the CTL1616 wasnít always reliable. On the others hand, if it getís enough light, it should produce more than enough energy to make the watch work.

    Cheers,

    Sjors




    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    Great Ty

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    NASHVILLE
    Posts
    800

    Re: G shock died..

    HELLO MY FRIEND
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post
    It looks like the CTL1616 let you down. I donít know the model number, but it looks like an older model, from a time the CTL1616 wasnít always reliable. On the others hand, if it getís enough light, it should produce more than enough energy to make the watch work.

    Cheers,

    Sjors




    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    Sjors likes this.
    CURRENT COLLECTION
    Seiko-SBDN013,SAGZ011,SBDC005,GW-4000D-1AJF,WC-IRW-M200DTM-7JR​,Citizen-BN0000-04H,Wempe-Zeitmeister-WM60-0001,Ω2200.51.00

  6. #5
    Moderator G-Shock Forum Sjors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    21,483

    Re: G shock died..

    Ha ha, Hi $teve! Iím still alive


    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    Rocat and yankeexpress like this.
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.


    Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010


  7. #6
    Member Rocket1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,208

    Re: G shock died..

    Keep it facing sun or bright LED light for 2 hr. It should kick it out of it.
    It should be special!

  8. #7
    Member sodamonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Fareham, UK
    Posts
    2,187

    Re: G shock died..

    Quote Originally Posted by JLS36 View Post
    Question for the pros. I purchased this g shock two years ago from Amazon. I wear it almost daily(gym, yard work etc.)i took it off last night after wearing it casually in the sun all day yesterday. Used it to set another watch. Woke up put it on and boom nothing. All the buttons seem non responsive. I know it's not a lack of solar power. Any tricks to get it back up and running or do I trash it and buy another?

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Does it have a segment that's flashing at the moment that is labelled "CHG" or similar?

    If not then either the battery is COMPLETELY dead, or has just had it all together.

    I'd echo others and say initially get it in some strong sunlight/daylight for a few hours. If it revives it to any sort of display then you might be alright and it will take a good few weeks to charge it enough to use.

    Of course the solars should also light up as soon as they are under strong light even without a battery in just because the solar panel is picking up enough light to run the display, so just make sure to see if any of the H, M or L segments stay on.

    Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

  9. #8
    Member JLS36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,008

    Re: G shock died..

    Quote Originally Posted by sodamonkey View Post
    Does it have a segment that's flashing at the moment that is labelled "CHG" or similar?

    If not then either the battery is COMPLETELY dead, or has just had it all together.

    I'd echo others and say initially get it in some strong sunlight/daylight for a few hours. If it revives it to any sort of display then you might be alright and it will take a good few weeks to charge it enough to use.

    Of course the solars should also light up as soon as they are under strong light even without a battery in just because the solar panel is picking up enough light to run the display, so just make sure to see if any of the H, M or L segments stay on.

    Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk
    Nothing on the dial, strangely we have sunlight here in Chicago today, so it's been in direct light for 30 minutes so far and no response. I'm not devastated as this allows me to get a new g shock, I went for this one because of the size. Not sure what to chase next.

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

  10. #9
    Member GTR83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Posts
    4,036

    Re: G shock died..

    Your battery seems to be completely dead but you might want to try charging it with the CoolFire solar watch charger from Amazon, 3 of mine was declared fully dead by my Casio service center but since they didnít have the solar batteries in stock I decided to try the solar charger, now all 3 are back to full capacity and show no signs of the batteries having weakened or leaked. Charged each for around 5-6 hours.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GTR stands for George The Rabid. Fanboy of COSC (Casio - Orient - Seiko - Citizen, in that order )

  11. #10
    Member JLS36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,008

    Re: G shock died..

    Quote Originally Posted by GTR83 View Post
    Your battery seems to be completely dead but you might want to try charging it with the CoolFire solar watch charger from Amazon, 3 of mine was declared fully dead by my Casio service center but since they didnít have the solar batteries in stock I decided to try the solar charger, now all 3 are back to full capacity and show no signs of the batteries having weakened or leaked. Charged each for around 5-6 hours.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good tip Ty.

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. First Adventures in G-Shock Dying (advice appreciated)
      By Luminance in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: July 6th, 2013, 23:38
    2. Replies: 8
      Last Post: March 17th, 2010, 11:19
    3. Dying a g shock "white rising"
      By dean0070_8, in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: December 29th, 2008, 10:49
    4. Old G-Shocks Never Die.....
      By gibsonguy909 in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 27
      Last Post: October 20th, 2008, 22:00
    5. Replies: 24
      Last Post: October 5th, 2006, 05:40

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts