G shock died..
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: G shock died..

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

G shock died..

Question for the pros. I purchased this g shock two years ago from Amazon. I wear it almost daily(gym, yard work etc.)i took it off last night after wearing it casually in the sun all day yesterday. Used it to set another watch. Woke up put it on and boom nothing. All the buttons seem non responsive. I know it's not a lack of solar power. Any tricks to get it back up and running or do I trash it and buy another?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

G shock died..

It looks like the CTL1616 let you down. I donít know the model number, but it looks like an older model, from a time the CTL1616 wasnít always reliable. On the others hand, if it getís enough light, it should produce more than enough energy to make the watch work.

Cheers,

Sjors

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    Queen6 likes this.
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: G shock died..

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post
    It looks like the CTL1616 let you down. I donít know the model number, but it looks like an older model, from a time the CTL1616 wasnít always reliable. On the others hand, if it getís enough light, it should produce more than enough energy to make the watch work.

Cheers,

Sjors

Great Ty

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

HELLO MY FRIEND
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post

Cheers,

Sjors

Sjors likes this.
    CURRENT COLLECTION
    Seiko-SBDN013,SAGZ011,SBDC005,GW-4000D-1AJF,WC-IRW-M200DTM-7JR​,Citizen-BN0000-04H,Wempe-Zeitmeister-WM60-0001,Ω2200.51.00

Ha ha, Hi $teve! Iím still alive

Rocat and yankeexpress like this.
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Keep it facing sun or bright LED light for 2 hr. It should kick it out of it.
    It should be special!

Quote Originally Posted by JLS36 View Post
    Question for the pros. I purchased this g shock two years ago from Amazon. I wear it almost daily(gym, yard work etc.)i took it off last night after wearing it casually in the sun all day yesterday. Used it to set another watch. Woke up put it on and boom nothing. All the buttons seem non responsive. I know it's not a lack of solar power. Any tricks to get it back up and running or do I trash it and buy another?

Does it have a segment that's flashing at the moment that is labelled "CHG" or similar?

If not then either the battery is COMPLETELY dead, or has just had it all together.

I'd echo others and say initially get it in some strong sunlight/daylight for a few hours. If it revives it to any sort of display then you might be alright and it will take a good few weeks to charge it enough to use.

Of course the solars should also light up as soon as they are under strong light even without a battery in just because the solar panel is picking up enough light to run the display, so just make sure to see if any of the H, M or L segments stay on.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

Quote Originally Posted by sodamonkey View Post
    Does it have a segment that's flashing at the moment that is labelled "CHG" or similar?

If not then either the battery is COMPLETELY dead, or has just had it all together.

I'd echo others and say initially get it in some strong sunlight/daylight for a few hours. If it revives it to any sort of display then you might be alright and it will take a good few weeks to charge it enough to use.

Of course the solars should also light up as soon as they are under strong light even without a battery in just because the solar panel is picking up enough light to run the display, so just make sure to see if any of the H, M or L segments stay on.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk
    Nothing on the dial, strangely we have sunlight here in Chicago today, so it's been in direct light for 30 minutes so far and no response. I'm not devastated as this allows me to get a new g shock, I went for this one because of the size. Not sure what to chase next.

Your battery seems to be completely dead but you might want to try charging it with the CoolFire solar watch charger from Amazon, 3 of mine was declared fully dead by my Casio service center but since they didnít have the solar batteries in stock I decided to try the solar charger, now all 3 are back to full capacity and show no signs of the batteries having weakened or leaked. Charged each for around 5-6 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GTR stands for George The Rabid. Fanboy of COSC (Casio - Orient - Seiko - Citizen, in that order )

Quote Originally Posted by GTR83 View Post
    Your battery seems to be completely dead but you might want to try charging it with the CoolFire solar watch charger from Amazon, 3 of mine was declared fully dead by my Casio service center but since they didnít have the solar batteries in stock I decided to try the solar charger, now all 3 are back to full capacity and show no signs of the batteries having weakened or leaked. Charged each for around 5-6 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good tip Ty.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information