G-Shock dropped from Everest and survived...
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: G-Shock dropped from Everest and survived...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

G-Shock dropped from Everest and survived...

....Now that I have your attention :)

You may or may not have followed my thread about getting my two sons their first GShocks. So this weekend my oldest and I are going over how to set what on the 5600, no biggie he asked about the 200mm rating and told him your head would pop off before the G let you down so the swimming pool will be just fine not to worry because the G is far superior IMHO to the Ironman that I got him prior.

He gets that puzzled look on his face -

Little Brv 1: Dad, did you just say my head would pop off?
    Me: Well, it would actually implode due to the pressure and your brain would then...son you have nothing to worry about just wear it
    Little Brv: So when you say tough it can handle being scrapped against a concrete wall and survive?
    Me: Yes son, your Gshock might have some character marks, but it would survive no problem...
    Little Brv 1: What about if I dive in to the pool, go all the way down to the deepest part it is 11' and I banged it on the bottom on accident
    Me: Sure thing, no problem it would just as happy when it got back to the surface
    Little Brv 1: What about if I fell off my bike and smashed it on the road?
    Me: Let me put it this way, you would be more hurt than the Gshock just wear it and enjoy
    Little Brv 1: 5 Minutes later, so what if I got on the high dive and took it off and threw it as hard as I could at the water?
    Me: Being as calm as I am - Listen, if you take it off, and throw it as hard as you can against the water it would survive, until it gets to the bottom and the drain sucks it up - then bye bye Gshock.
    Little Brv 1:Could you take it to the top of Mount Everest and drop it, then watch it all the way down hitting every rock on the way - would it survive that?
    Me:.....uuummm....eerrrrrr......uuuhhhhh.....eeerrrmm m.....

So lets the start the fun filled debate....

So do you think that it would survive?? I do....if you could find the @#$# thing after hiking your happy @#[email protected] all the @#$#@ up to the top of @#%[email protected]#$% Mount @#[email protected]#$ Everest to test the @#[email protected]#$ theory so that you know the answer to the question next time....

Mrs Brv: I hope he actually goes and tries this stupid ass experiment and falls and bumps his head on EVERY @#$@#$ rock, the GShock might survive, but I am guessing he wont...that is what he gets for getting our two precious children started on these watches. Oh...just wait till I get some ideas around my revenge that I am plotting...oh just wait....

to be continued....
    (Disclaimer, no one was actually hurt in the making of this story, the names and faces have been changed to protect the innocent...wait wrong disclaimer....anyways - the story is real I did get asked if it would survive the Everest fall)
    GShockMe, Dave I, kurzjak and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by brvheart
    No I am not OCD....I am CDO - that is OCD in the proper order

Re: G-Shock dropped from Everest and survived...

Have them send questions to Casio. It may be in the next commercial video.

So this question came to mind: I'm sure it would survive the G-force of each individual impact on the way down - each impact measured separately and out-of-context from the entire journey. But would there be an "cumulative" effect of the hundreds of impacts? Does it loose some of it's G awesomeness (scientific term) with each impact?
    brvheart likes this.
    All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

very interesting indeed....I would pose this question - is it possible for a G to lose any of it's awesomeness??

I have watched the G tough video test, there is repetitive impacts in that test as well - so my gut tells me no....

On the Gadget show (UK) tonight they drove a truck over a GW 3000, it survived that, they then boiled it in an Italian sauce, it survived that, they then shot it................
    brvheart likes this.
    Best regards

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave I View Post
    On the Gadget show (UK) tonight they drove a truck over a GW 3000, it survived that, they then boiled it in an Italian sauce, it survived that, they then shot it................
    .......and it SURVIVED!!!! Right??? lol

You will need to attach a GPS tracking device before you drop it. But I believe the device will break before G-Shocks.
    Basically.....I don't think anyone can find it to tell prob. How about a Helicopter drop test?

Quote Originally Posted by brvheart View Post
    .......and it SURVIVED!!!! Right??? lol
    I would love to say yes my friend.............erm.............but no...Bullet went straight through it, it went the same way as 3 other similar priced watches, they then put up a watch that cost over £3000 that must have been 25mm thick (1 inch), might have been more, looked ridiculous IMHO, ruined the crystal but still worked.

Racking my brains to remember the name but can't.
    Last edited by Dave I; May 14th, 2012 at 23:00.
    brvheart likes this.
    Best regards

Dave.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by brvheart View Post
    ....he asked about the 200mm rating...
    A little underrated, don't you think....

cheers
    kurzjak likes this.
    We are 12.6 %

Quote Originally Posted by Dave I View Post
    they then put up a watch that cost over £3000 that must have been 25mm thick (1 inch), might have been more, looked ridiculous IMHO, ruined the crystal but still worked.

Racking my brains to remember the name but can't.
    Probably a Charmex Swiss Military "20,000 feet" - could also have been the "12,000" feet.

cheers, Sedi
    brvheart likes this.
    Cheers
    Sedi

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information