g shock dw6900nb-7 - 'chip' on bezel, like the white has come off and it is brown?

Thread: g shock dw6900nb-7 - 'chip' on bezel, like the white has come off and it is brown?

g shock dw6900nb-7 - 'chip' on bezel, like the white has come off and it is brown?

My nice white bezel seems to be losing some of its shiny white coating. It appears that the resin is brown underneath and is starting to show through.

Is there any way to rectify this?

Is it covered by Casio's warranty?

Re: g shock dw6900nb-7 - 'chip' on bezel, like the white has come off and it is brown?

Cool! Same thing happened with my GLX, when a friend who was wearing it banged it against a wall. Real nice brownish grey underneath
    Did you scratch it somewhere?
    Upload some photos!
    "Time spent with cats is never wasted." - Sigmund Freud

Re: g shock dw6900nb-7 - 'chip' on bezel, like the white has come off and it is brown?

Quite possibly I could have banged it if Iv had a drink!

Sounds like the same thing though, do you know how to fix it, or of the warranty covers it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I doubt that warranty covers things like defects produced by banging a watch to a wall... Either see it as a G-Venture, like Casio calls it, call it Wabi or Patina or simply get a replacement bezel.

I think i´d just live with it as i wear my G-Shock as a work/outdoor/sports watch.

Quote Originally Posted by n_wildgirl View Post
    Upload some photos!
    +1, I wanna see!

I'll probably use model paint and a brush for touch ups if/when mine starts chipping. It won't be noticable far away, white is easy to match.
    Last edited by palafox; December 14th, 2011 at 08:14.

I did not even think about warranty, there is no way it covers such things and anyway I bought mine used from a member here...so go figure.
    I agree with lowtech...I just live with it. Actually my reaction when my friend called to tell me, was:

Friend: Ummmmm you will not like this. I banged your G on a wall.
    Me: And?
    Friend: The color came off.
    Me: So?
    Friend: You are not mad???
    Me: Ummm let me see...No! It is just a G I got for 45$. Who cares?
    "Time spent with cats is never wasted." - Sigmund Freud

I have a baby-g that has that kind of shiny white coating, and a few chips. Gives it a Mad Max look.

Thread Information