G-shock fans - can anyone help me with Multiband 6 + Tough Solar Analog models?
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: G-shock fans - can anyone help me with Multiband 6 + Tough Solar Analog models?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

G-shock fans - can anyone help me with Multiband 6 + Tough Solar Analog models?

Hi, I was asking this in another thread but still didn't get many replies so posting a new thread. I'm interested in watch models with the below features - Multiband 6 Atomic time and Solar charging in Analog models. I'm very interested in Mudmaster but looking out if there are some cheaper models with these 2 features. I tried to research but it gets confusing and there is no easy way to filter and search all G-shock models with these 2 features. If you know, please let me know. Thanks.
    Macteabird likes this.

Re: G-shock fans - can anyone help me with Multiband 6 + Tough Solar Analog models?

I don't have too many analog models of Gs - most of mine are digital. Since you say you like the Mudmaster, you might want to look at the Gulfmaster. It is technically ana-digi just like the Mudmaster. (but even has some additional features over the Mudmaster, like moon age and tide graph) Nearly all Gulfmaster versions are cheaper than the Mudmaster, and you can get many versions now for under $300. Those I'm speaking of are the triple sensor models, the GWN-1000x models. My favorite is the mostly black GWN-1000C. Casio has also recently come out with GN-1000 models that are even less expensive - less than $200, and I believe these are twin-sensor watches...

If you search for simply GWN-1000 or GN-1000 on Ebay you will see all kinds of versions available..

* Edit: I just noticed that the GN-1000 models do not appear to be solar or multi-band 6, so you might want to stick with the GWN-1000. All of the GWN-1000 versions (regardless of color) have the tough solar and multi-band 6 features.

There are other, even less expensive analog or ana-digi G models, but they may not be tough solar and multi-band 6, not sure...
    Last edited by Time4Playnow; February 25th, 2016 at 05:30.
    Maxy likes this.

Re: G-shock fans - can anyone help me with Multiband 6 + Tough Solar Analog models?

If you want a smaller, less expensive ana-digi solar/atomic, you might check out the various AWG-M100 models.
    Time4Playnow and Maxy like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If you want pure analog, the GW-3000 and GW-4000 come to mind.
    Maxy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryK30 View Post
    If you want pure analog, the GW-3000 and GW-4000 come to mind.
    That reminds me, there is also the GW-3500B-1A (ana-digi), which is one of the few Gs that can display the time for 3 different timezones at once.
    GaryK30 and Maxy like this.

Let's see...off the top of my head: GW-3000, GW-3500, GW-4000, PRW-6000, GWA-1000, GWA-1100, GWG-1000, GWN-1000, GPW-1000 (also includes GPS reception).

Questions: Pure analog, or analog/digital ok? What price range? How important is a G-Shock over a Pro-Trek? Any other features are must-haves?
    GaryK30, Watch_Geekmaster and Maxy like this.

the cheapest should be the AWG series.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee_K View Post
    Let's see...off the top of my head: GW-3000, GW-3500, GW-4000, PRW-6000, GWA-1000, GWA-1100, GWG-1000, GWN-1000, GPW-1000 (also includes GPS reception).

Questions: Pure analog, or analog/digital ok? What price range? How important is a G-Shock over a Pro-Trek? Any other features are must-haves?
    Thanks everyone for replying. I wouldn't mind around $200 street price and if it goes near $300 then I would rather wait for Mudmaster to be under $400 and grab one. I actually like GPW-1000(GPS) but wanted something which is relevant even after 5 years and not some vintage GPS model(I assume GPS technology in watch is rapidly increasing every year). Actually prefer Mudmaster over GPS for that alone. Also, I wouldn't want a smaller model - I had one G-shock G100-1BV(47mm) but ended up giving to sister's kid as it felt small for my wrist, so over 50mm for sure.
    Last edited by Maxy; February 25th, 2016 at 06:35.

Garden City Park, New York, United States

3500b

Street price these days 250

MikeCfromLI

Quote Originally Posted by Maxy View Post
    Also, I wouldn't want a smaller model - I had one G-shock G100-1BV(47mm) but ended up giving to sister's kid as it felt small for my wrist, so over 50mm for sure.
    In that case the AWGM100's no go for you. Like suggested, may be try some of the Aviator series (now Gravitymaster) analogs.
    MikeCfromLI and Maxy like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information