G-Shock Frogman GW200MS-1 feedback???

Thread: G-Shock Frogman GW200MS-1 feedback???

Question G-Shock Frogman GW200MS-1 feedback???

I'm new to the G-Shock community and am looking to purchase my first G-Shock. I like the Frogman quite a bit - very cool watches. Any reviews/feedback on the GW200MS? It is supposed to be a stealthy military version of the Frogman. Any thoughts from the WUS G-Shock fans would be appreciated. I think I can pick one up for around $250. Is there a better Frogman deal out there? Thanks for your help,

Re: G-Shock Frogman GW200MS-1 feedback???

Patrick,

Don't think you can go wrong with this choice. I just picked mine up last week and love it! I bought and returned the DW6900-MS due to the reverse LCD that I could just barely read even in daylight unless at the right angle. The Frog is the only watch of the four 'military inspired' models that does not have the reverse LCD so that helped my decision.

The stealth look was another big draw for me. I like the blacked out bezel and bronze-ish coloring of the background.

If you can get it for $250, I'd jump on it. I got mine for $280 at the Navy Exchange.

Good Luck,
    Ken

Patrick,

I love mine!

$250 is a very good price, really dont think you could go wrong. Only issue would be size, mine wears great and my wrist is 7 1/4.

Hope this helps

Dave
    Dave

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thumbs Up Re: G-Shock Frogman GW200MS-1 feedback???

Thanks for the feedback and the pics - that is one very cool looking watch. I think I'll be picking one up this week. Your thoughtful help is very much appreciated.

$250 is about the best deal you'll get on one of these and they typically looks much better in person...I think you'll like it.

I think you won't be disappointed with the MIRB Frogman. My wrist is south of 6.5 inches, and it wears very well.

Also, I believe that this model is becoming more and more sparse on the market and that prices are starting to climb. For example, the price amazon has on this watch has gone from $329 to $349, and then recently to $399 -- all within 2 months.

If you can get it for $250, jump on it!
    Ticking Away the Moments that Make Up a Dull Day

Quote Originally Posted by powerband View Post
    I think you won't be disappointed with the MIRB Frogman. My wrist is south of 6.5 inches, and it wears very well.

Also, I believe that this model is becoming more and more sparse on the market and that prices are starting to climb. For example, the price amazon has on this watch has gone from $329 to $349, and then recently to $399 -- all within 2 months.

Agreed. The GW-200MS-1 is one of the few easy to source frogs out there that can be had for a reasonable price. If you like it, buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by powerband View Post

On the other hand, I am seeing more and more of them on ebay every day.

+1 Agree.

If you feel that the price doesn't break the bank...then go for it.
    $250 is a very good price. The last very good ebay deal that a few forumites got was just about near that price mark.
    I doubt there will ever be any $207-209 prices anymore since this was probably the best that they were ever sold for, $207 being available earlier this year and the latter $209, was probably the last piece clearance sale since I'm the only one that has come forward.

The MIRB Frog is very legible in all levels of lighting except dim and dark of course and it actually wears medium/large like how the Seiko Monsters appear just about right size on a 7.25 - 7.5" wrist... It's not Protrek x-large and not dress watch medium... Just a good, right down the middle, large that even thinner wrist can look good in.

Eastbay G-forumite here(there's quite a few of us from these parts of the Bay Area already )... Mine says hi, this pic makes it appear very large but it really isn't, the case shape and design of the 6600 or 6900 would make those two appear even larger than this Frog:

Last edited by tirat; November 9th, 2009 at 18:31.

Banned

Just my opinion but the 200MS and the Glorious gold are the two best 200 series frogs made, as far as looks go its the 200MS and the GG gets the award for most versatile for changing the looks of the watch with different bands/bezels. All frogs are very nice and the MS along with the 200Z will be the best priced frogs you will find.

Thread Information