G-Shock G-8000

Thread: G-Shock G-8000

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

G-Shock G-8000

Hi guys,

after recently pruchasing a Tag Heuer F1 Chrono, i think im ready to buy another G-shock!

I really like the G8000B-2VDR (blue and silver). however, im a bit concerned about the back light. If anybody has pictures of the backlight in action, could you please post this up?

Greatly appreciated.
    ~Sameer

edit - Also, if anybody owns this g-shock, could you please post some live pics aswell. thanks ALOT!!
    Last edited by dh0licious; March 7th, 2006 at 14:41.

Re: G-Shock G-8000

I wonder about that second pic?!? Normal display, but inverted backlight! Is that really possible? :-S My guess is that the backlight pictured is that of the G-8000-1AJF or one with a similar negative display.

Last edited by Pete; March 7th, 2006 at 14:54.

I'm quite sure it's possible, I have this OLD Casio FT-120H "Forester" (not a G-Shock) that does that... it's old, doesn't look special, but the EL surprised me when the numbers lit up instead of the background area :-D

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think I have seem one in a store nearby before, it's pretty big
    hope you have big wrist for them

btw i think sjors show an orange one before

Had a green model but replaced it with black... green was tough to read in certain light conditions...

Black is perfect.

Looked at this colour as well but that colour looked down right weerd for my taste.

Lots to like here... if you ask me this is best basic G...

One nice touch about this one that I only started to use recently is the bar at the right hand side... if you're in countdown timer you can actually tell remaining time if you're in HT (main) mode... not a big deal but nice touch for sure...

As far as the size goes, band is longer than needs be so medium or small wrist will possibly have to trim band.

As for the size, it's actually bigger than it looks on the pic. Think GW500 squared. Again, because it's squared it lookes bigger than GW500.

I preffer this one to GW500, to me this one has the nicer layout.

I still say that this is the best basic G I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by duke4c
    Had a green model but replaced it with black... green was tough to read in certain light conditions...

Black is perfect.

Looked at this colour as well but that colour looked down right weerd for my taste.

Lots to like here... if you ask me this is best basic G...

One nice touch about this one that I only started to use recently is the bar at the right hand side... if you're in countdown timer you can actually tell remaining time if you're in HT (main) mode... not a big deal but nice touch for sure...

As far as the size goes, band is longer than needs be so medium or small wrist will possibly have to trim band.

As for the size, it's actually bigger than it looks on the pic. Think GW500 squared. Again, because it's squared it lookes bigger than GW500.

I preffer this one to GW500, to me this one has the nicer layout.

I still say that this is the best basic G I've ever seen.
    Thanks for your help Duke.

Just another question, its probably avery simple one... what is the little circle thing for on the bottom right corner of the screen?

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by dh0licious
    Thanks for your help Duke.

Just another question, its probably avery simple one... what is the little circle thing for on the bottom right corner of the screen?

Regards
    it flashes when the alarm goes off... of when you press one of the buttons on the side of the watch.... keeps you amused for hours and hours and hours... EASILY worth the cost of the watch...

and i think someone asked about the backlight... mine doesnt show llike the inverse display
    Attached Images Attached Images

While it is amuzing it is also probably a very fast way to drain the battery... hence I don't use it...

Some other things worth noticing: side buttons are actually prottected against accidental push... to me this is a feature but on the down side it's not as easy to push the button as you'd think it should be.

There is also a thing about setting time that is not obvious. When you setup a "home time" you're actually setting up time - UTC... I'm in EST so for me it's UTC -5 ... kinda anoying for Casio to expect us to know what the UTC differnece is...

Other than that... LOVE IT... braclet is AMAZIGLY confortable...

Best thing about this one? For the first time Casio created the watch that does not look like the "wallmart or k mart" to me this one looks more expensive than it is. Love the layout, love the features.

Forgot... in stopwatch or countdown you'll be able to see the time... this was a bigge for me...

Anton

I love the design of this watch but as with lots of current G's I think it should be available in a large size as well. I tried one on in a store on the Kings Road recently but after taking off the Wademan it just looked too dainty.

Wink Re: G-Shock G-8000

Quote Originally Posted by 100Questions
    I think I have seem one in a store nearby before, it's pretty big
    hope you have big wrist for them

btw i think sjors show an orange one before
    You mean this one?

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information