G-shock G300 Black dial - Fake?

Thread: G-shock G300 Black dial - Fake?

G-shock G300 Black dial - Fake?

I won an auction on a Casio G-shock G300-3AV a few hours ago. Including package from Hong Kong the price is $63.99.

After the auction closed I started thinking if the clock is really authentic. The E-bayshop is called BestPrice4u and the sellers name is chow_c and he is based in Hong Kong. He has 5139 in Ebay score and I can´t see anything in his rating about fake watches. He is mostly selling Casio watches and has been doing so for quite some time.

I understand that it can be hard to say but do you think he sells fake Casio watches? When I enter Casios homepage the Casio G-shock G300-3AV is not even available with a black dial (but I can see that Amazon also sells it with a black dial so maybe it´s available on the market).

I do not know how to attach pictures here but the seller (Bestprice4u) has the same picture as Amazon so I guess the picture will not help to say if it´s fake. Maybe someone knows the seller. If would think that if he sells fake watches people would state that in his ratings.
    The auction on E-bay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:B:BCA:GB:1120

Amazons G300 with a black dial: http://www.amazon.com/Casio-Shock-An...9929723&sr=8-1
    Last edited by Raveot; September 16th, 2007 at 10:34.

Re: G-shock G300 Black dial - Fake?

Same factory photo. Seller does have high feedback. You paid by CC through PP didn't you? You're covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveot View Post

I understand that it can be hard to say but do you think he sells fake Casio watches? When I enter Casios homepage the Casio G-shock G300-3AV is not even available with a black dial (but I can see that Amazon also sells it with a black dial so maybe it´s available on the market).
    It's real. The tell-tale sign is in the model number. The end is 3AV. 3=green. The dial is green. Here is a pic of the watch in question.

http://watchesdeals.com/G-3/G-300-3-2.jpg

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GG Killshock View Post
    It's real. The tell-tale sign is in the model number. The end is 3AV. 3=green. The dial is green. Here is a pic of the watch in question.

http://watchesdeals.com/G-3/G-300-3-2.jpg

Thanks for the answer. But the the two watches are not alike. On the one he is selling on E-bay it says "WR 20 bar" and on the one you linked to it says WR200 m. Also, the dials seems different, more blackish. Amazon uses the same picture as the E-bayseller and Amazon calls it a black dial. I can´t really understand this.
    Last edited by Raveot; September 19th, 2007 at 07:50.

G-shocks from Japan usually says WR20bar and EU,US says WR200m
    /CutePape
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.” - James Byron Dean

I don't think you will have a problem getting the watch. Looks like a reputable seller. The dial is metallic green, and when held at different angles it may look lighter or darker. As far as the lettering on the dial, that might be attributed to different country's measurement formats and where it is intended to be used/sold. Best of luck!

Thread Information