G-Shock GD-350, I just love this watch...
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: G-Shock GD-350, I just love this watch...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

G-Shock GD-350, I just love this watch...

I purchased this watch about a month ago. Here was the box opening if you missed it : https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/my-...ml#post6748152

I have been wearing it daily for the past month and just simply love it. Very simple module and easy to use.

How I've been using the watch:
    As my alarm every morning. I have stopped using my cell phone for my alarm. The alarm is plenty loud for me to wake me up. I tried using the vibration and wearing the watch but I just do not like wearing a watch at night and I also slept through the alarm. LOL.

The timer is great. I use it all the time at work and at home. At work I am a production manager and we are constantly timing change over times and its nice to have the one button push timer. I use it at home a lot from cooking steaks to "5 more minutes and its bedtime" for my 4 year old daughter. When she hears my alarm she sighs and says, "Oh man" then tromps to her room.

On vacation: I wore the watch every day at the beach and swimming while in Florida. Its nice having a tough reliable watch that can take a beating and just a little soap and water and its good as new.

Name:  10317449544_2e1a83cd92_c.jpg
Views: 1217
Size:  271.7 KB
    At Work

Name:  10317630523_a924d55804_z.jpg
Views: 1222
Size:  217.6 KB
    Timing my daughter at the playground.

One interesting thing was the first day I wore it to work I was expecting to get some comments on it. I go nothing. Its so understated that apparently nobody notices it. If it comes in yellow and I get it that may change.
    Last edited by brianmcg321; October 16th, 2013 at 23:49.
    Davidro, Bozzy, rmeron and 9 others like this.

Re: G-Shock GD-350, I just love this watch...

Sounds good. The alarm and five minutes to bedtime is very effective. The power of the G-Shock!

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Glad to hear you're enjoying and making great use of it, Brian.

I've been tending to wear the GD-350-1B more than my other watches on average as of late, and actually I've been getting used to wearing it to bed from time to time. It usually won't wake me up straight off, but if I've woken up and then gone back to sleep, it will definitely wake me up (a little "backup" snooze alarm). I've also been amazed at how legible the display is in dim lighting.

Funny thing... I've come to find that the quick start for CDT would've been better off to be for STW, as on the Rangeman. Why? Because if I'm going to countdown time something, it'll be planned and deliberate--also, there may be a need to set a different value than the one preset. For STW, there's more of a spontaneous situation of "hey, let's see how long this takes" and hit "start". It's nice to just hit the button and go, rather than scroll through the menus to activate the STW. There is no preset for the STW either, so it's always effective as-is.

Ideally, CASIO should have made it configurable. When scrolling through the main settings, there should be one that alternates between CDT or STW. Whichever is selected is the one that is activated by the quick launch.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

xevious,

I like those ideas.

For me, one thing I would like would be an "auto-home" function. I had an ironman watch once that when you were in another screen like the stop watch and finished a function in it, when you hit the mode button it goes straight back to the time and date initial screen. This saved you from having to scroll through all the other screens to get back to the home screen. I always liked that.
    MNash87 likes this.

xevious,

I agree, having the quick start button set for STW, for me, makes more sense.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcg321 View Post
    For me, one thing I would like would be an "auto-home" function. I had an ironman watch once that when you were in another screen like the stop watch and finished a function in it, when you hit the mode button it goes straight back to the time and date initial screen. This saved you from having to scroll through all the other screens to get back to the home screen. I always liked that.
    I know exactly what you mean about auto-home. I've got a couple of older G-Shocks that do it. If I remember correctly, the 1545 and 3229 modules do it. And they have simple modules with a small number of menu items.

At first I thought CASIO did away with auto-home because it would make it predictable on button presses to get back to the home screen. But then there's the difference in beep tone that signals the home screen. One possible way to appease people you may or may not want auto-home would be to have a menu timeout. Since auto home gets activated for the mode button upon using a function, what would happen is if you use the reset button then you've got 2 seconds to press the mode button for the next function. If you hesitate longer than 2 seconds, the next mode press takes you home.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocat View Post
    I agree, having the quick start button set for STW, for me, makes more sense.
    I'm glad you agree. I could see people who are CDT or STW centric liking either one. This is why I think CASIO should make it configurable. I really wish they had an official "suggestion box" of some kind so we could submit ideas.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

I know what you mean, it is my favorite as well. I started out with the 1B and never took it off until I got the 1jf a couple of weeks ago. I wear it all the time and use the alarms, the vibration setting, and the timer every day. For me , this is everything I wanted in a G. I will eventually get the gray one to complete the set. I haven't worn anything else since I got the 1B (and now the 1jf). My other G's and other watches (Festina, Citizen) are getting jealous, ha ha. Congrats on getting a great G!

So, are you saying you like the 1jf more than the 1B? Or is it because it is "the new one" for you?

Quote Originally Posted by MNash87 View Post
    I know what you mean, it is my favorite as well. I started out with the 1B and never took it off until I got the 1jf a couple of weeks ago. I wear it all the time and use the alarms, the vibration setting, and the timer every day. For me , this is everything I wanted in a G. I will eventually get the gray one to complete the set. I haven't worn anything else since I got the 1B (and now the 1jf). My other G's and other watches (Festina, Citizen) are getting jealous, ha ha. Congrats on getting a great G!

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcg321 View Post

How I've been using the watch:
    As my alarm every morning. I have stopped using my cell phone for my alarm. The alarm is plenty loud for me to wake me up.
    Hello! Nice watch you have there! The sound alarm is what interests me most in this watch(and pretty much any other watch). Is it 10 or 20 sec? And would you(or anyone else) happen to have another G or other Casio to compare the alarm volume to? G7900, G9000, G2900, WS200, SGW300 would be perfect... Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by watch1000; October 17th, 2013 at 20:35.

Quote Originally Posted by alexs12 View Post
    So, are you saying you like the 1jf more than the 1B? Or is it because it is "the new one" for you?
    I actually switch out between them. Some days it's the 1jf, some days it's the 1B. Should have been clearer and said "I wear "them" all the time...". Sorry for the confusion.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information