G shock with a generation 4 ABC sensor ?
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: G shock with a generation 4 ABC sensor ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

G shock with a generation 4 ABC sensor ?

While I loved my rangeman 9400 watch, owned it for over 5 years, sold it for almost what I payed for it 5 years ago. Was a great watch, but I’m hoping Casio will come out with a new “man” series this year or sometime soon with an updated ABC feature. The Rangeman has been out for 8 years now ?

What’s everyone’s thoughts on that ? Should I just buy back another Rangeman or you think it’s possible Casio has something up their sleeves for a new “Master of G” model ?

Re: G shock with a generation 4 ABC sensor ?

I haven't heard anything about a new V4 sensor. I hope at some point Casio will add an altitude lock function and show sea level pressure with the barometer. Some other ABC watch brands have done this for a while.

What improvements and/or functions are you looking for in V4 that V3 lacks?
    memento_mori likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Rangeman came out right around the 30th anniversary with the gen 3 showing up first in the pro trek line (PRW3000). Maybe gen 4 will come a year or two before the 40th?

Sent with aloha
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

If Casio will continue to pull real technological advances once in 10 years i will loose all respect for a company.
    So far as with smartwatches they are inferior to Garmin.
    Considering prices of PRW3000 and such there is very little in a way to cover for performance shortage.
    Light in the end of tunnel is seen and BT protrek is kinda shining from afar, but again no solar.
    ProTrek like is in serious need of upgrades so far it's wither goes up in titanium/sapphire route or goes down in price
    Yet 200$ MSRP gets you Suunto and that far better ABC watch than any Casio apart from mentioned above BT enabled model.
    Dxnnis likes this.
    It should be special!

Quote Originally Posted by GaryK30 View Post
    I haven't heard anything about a new V4 sensor. I hope at some point Casio will add an altitude lock function and show sea level pressure with the barometer. Some other ABC watch brands have done this for a while.
    The new PRT-B50 has alti lock. It's buried in the manual but it's there.
    Casio/ Citizen/Garmin /G-Shock/ Seiko

And if the PRT-B50 has it then so does the GG-B100 since they are basically the same watch. Are they not?
    Casio/ Citizen/Garmin /G-Shock/ Seiko

Quote Originally Posted by Rocat View Post
    And if the PRT-B50 has it then so does the GG-B100 since they are basically the same watch. Are they not?
    I skimmed through the GG-B100 manual, but I couldn't find anything about an altimeter lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1991 View Post
    If Casio will continue to pull real technological advances once in 10 years i will loose all respect for a company.
    So far as with smartwatches they are inferior to Garmin.
    Considering prices of PRW3000 and such there is very little in a way to cover for performance shortage.
    Light in the end of tunnel is seen and BT protrek is kinda shining from afar, but again no solar.
    ProTrek like is in serious need of upgrades so far it's wither goes up in titanium/sapphire route or goes down in price
    Yet 200$ MSRP gets you Suunto and that far better ABC watch than any Casio apart from mentioned above BT enabled model.
    its not that they cant make the tech advances (do you honestly think a giant like casio would have any problems with advancing tech??) its that they dont want to.
    theyve said many times that they dont want to compete directly with fitness or smart watches, they want to still have their watches but with the added features, not the other way around. sure thats gradually changing with the kids taking over the company but theyre always going to try to keep the casio essence which i think is great.

i hope that disappointment isnt one sided, you should also be over in a suunto forum complaining why they havent made a decent solar with good shock and water resistance that works as a solid stand alone watch in the last 10-20 years ;)
    Prdrers and Dxnnis like this.
    Grandma's chicken salad

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsu Tekubi View Post
    its not that they cant make the tech advances (do you honestly think a giant like casio would have any problems with advancing tech??) its that they dont want to.
    theyve said many times that they dont want to compete directly with fitness or smart watches, they want to still have their watches but with the added features, not the other way around. sure thats gradually changing with the kids taking over the company but theyre always going to try to keep the casio essence which i think is great.

i hope that disappointment isnt one sided, you should also be over in a suunto forum complaining why they havent made a decent solar with good shock and water resistance that works as a solid stand alone watch in the last 10-20 years ;)
    Additionally, Casio has to keep their water and shock resist reputations. At some point there has to be a limit to how much tech can be included in the watch while continuing to meet the toughness standards.
    Dxnnis and Tetsu Tekubi like this.
    Encourage someone. The world has enough critics.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon\ View Post
    If I wasn’t spending money on G-Shocks, my wife would be spending it on dumb sh*t like food and bills.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information