G-SHOCK GPS Hybrid Waveceptor
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: G-SHOCK GPS Hybrid Waveceptor

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

G-SHOCK GPS Hybrid Waveceptor

Now, that sounds interesting: found this on the Baselworld 2014 website, and it seems like we need to start saving money (again)...

"CASIO is proud to introduce its 2014 collection, featuring a range of timepieces that push the boundaries of technological innovation.

Come and visit us to see the world's first Hybrid GPS Radio-controlled watch "G-SHOCK GPS Hybrid Waveceptor", "EDIFICE BluetoothControl Speed Chronograph" and the latest "PRO TREK Triple Sensor".

Any further info available yet?

Re: G-SHOCK GPS Hybrid Waveceptor

nice find! 1st time I'm hearing about this..

Casio Europe GmbH - Online Catalogue BASELWORLD 2014

March 27th isn't 2 far away, hopefully we get some more news soon. Last year was pretty crappy.. everything was so top secret, I hope this year is better.
    gripmaster likes this.

very interesting!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Three words, one of which being a contraction: It's about time!!! No pun intended.
    Fer Guzman likes this.

I wonder if they just do GPS time-sync as a waveceptor alternative (for those living outside multiband-6 regions) or also use GPS to set the timezone automatically. Automatic timezones would be very power consuming.

Hybrid leads me to believe a gps atomic hybrid. What's sad is that if they put the module in an mtg it leads me to believe the mrg is getting closer to dead.

Quote Originally Posted by computer_freak View Post
    I wonder if they just do GPS time-sync as a waveceptor alternative (for those living outside multiband-6 regions) or also use GPS to set the timezone automatically. Automatic timezones would be very power consuming.
    Maybe the 1st gen will come with a charging port? Either way, I do think it'll be an auto timezone change and solar might not be powerful enough. I bet it's expensive, too. Citizen's satellite watch sells for $2,500!!

Seiko Astron does this already.

Quote Originally Posted by computer_freak View Post
    /Forrest

Seiko Astron's go for between 1200 usd and 1800 usd on Ebay, depending on model.

They work great.

http://www.watchtime.com/reviews/wor...ron-gps-watch/

Quote Originally Posted by Shocker View Post
    Maybe the 1st gen will come with a charging port? Either way, I do think it'll be an auto timezone change and solar might not be powerful enough. I bet it's expensive, too. Citizen's satellite watch sells for $2,500!!
    Last edited by frhoads; February 4th, 2014 at 00:49.
    /Forrest

Has it been confirmed that this timepiece will use GPS for the sole purpose of telling time? I was kind of hoping for an interface like on my garmin forerunner - something with the ability to save locations (and point you to those locations while telling you your distance), as well as display latitude and longitude measurements. I realize that would be a big power hog. I was not familiar with the fact that some watches do use gps to tell time, interesting, but having never had a g that didn't sync on a regular basis, I don't see the need.

My perfect G would have the GPS features I mentioned above, along with a triple sensor and be solar powered....Okay, I'll stop dreaming.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information