G-Shock GS-1100 GIEZ - Second Hand in NOT on 12 O'Clock

Thread: G-Shock GS-1100 GIEZ - Second Hand in NOT on 12 O'Clock

G-Shock GS-1100 GIEZ - Second Hand in NOT on 12 O'Clock

Hello everybody!

I have the G-Shock GS-1100 "GIEZ" (4777) watch. Everything was OK until I notice that the Second Hand (Red one - Function/Stopwatch hand) is off. It's not on the 12 O'Clock anymore (See photo attached).
    I was trying everything but no luck :(

I noticed one more thing: I never had any problems with automatic/manual time synchro. Now I have. I can't perform manual signal receive. Holding the Adjust button for 2 second does not do anything.

Please help if you have any ideas.

Thanks

P.S

I call Casio Support Center - it was like asking somebody on the street about the watch - they are morons!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: G-Shock GS-1100 GIEZ - Second Hand in NOT on 12 O'Clock

I would suggest following the procedures in the manual for first, setting the hand home positions and then setting your home city.

Manual can be found here: http://ftp.casio.co.jp/pub/world_man.../en/qw4777.pdf

If your home city is not in an area where sync is possible, manual sync will not initiate.

HTH
    "So?"
    -Andrew Breitbart 1969-2012

Re: G-Shock GS-1100 GIEZ - Second Hand in NOT on 12 O'Clock

The previous response provided the directions. Follow those, much easier than the casio manual that comes with the watch. I can't see the picture very well, but looks as though the red hand is showing the time zone the watch is set to. Also, depending where you live and the recent weather the auto and manual synch features may not work. Last night, mine synced after three days of no manual or auto synchronization. Interesting becuase we had heavy storms and it synched. Yes, no help from the casio people.

Thread Information