G shock GW9000A-1

Thread: G shock GW9000A-1

Question G shock GW9000A-1

Hello all,
    I am fairly new here and I am just starting my collection. One of the watches I was thinking of getting was the Mudman GW9000A-1 atomic solar watch. I just wanted to see if anyone had any reviews or videos on this watch. None of the stores locally have this watch but I seen them online and think they look really nice.

Please post some pictures and some information on this watch if you have one. Also if I don't go out much will the battery not last?

-Mike

"My watch buying policy reaches up to $29.99. PM me if interested" - Vintage

Re: G shock GW9000A-1

What reason you would choose an atomic over non atomic? The way it looks? Cost? Other differences?

-Mike

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

i picked the green non-atomic mudman, code no. g9000-3v because its cheap and it displays the day and date. also, i like the negative display. its my everyday watch and i dun have to worry about roughing it up. i like the atomic version but hated the display. it doesnt look too subtle. it would be nice if they keep the display of the non-atomic but add atomic solar to the module.

i like the atomic solar functionality and thats why i got the gw1500.
    "My watch buying policy reaches up to $29.99. PM me if interested" - Vintage

Quote Originally Posted by mikef2278 View Post
    What reason you would choose an atomic over non atomic? The way it looks? Cost? Other differences?
    Looks are the first 'sorting-house' I guess. In the case of the Mudman, I was turned off by the five eyes, which seemed to take up a lot of space.

I like the basic Mudman, but not the atomic. I like the atomic Gulfman, but not the basic.

It's a matter of personal taste, really.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

TTT

Two things that bug me about mine:

1. It doesn't display the day of the week and the date at the same time - you have to choose one or the other (actually a common feature on a lot of solar/atomics).

2. The alarm 'bug' (turning alarm 1 off turns off all alarms, without asking the user). Not a big deal, really, unless you were relying on one of the other alarms.

Other than that, if you like the display, this watch is awesome. Good size, tough as nails, super-clear display (new generation of LCD's).

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    It's a matter of personal taste, really.
    Exactly,
    I chose the non atomic mudman because I liked the functions and appearance of the non atomic. Plus I wanted the beige version.
    I was apprehensive about getting a non solar, but from what I've read here the battery life under "normal" can be quite a bit longer than the advertised life.

Thread Information