G-shock gwg-1000 vs G-shock gpw-1000
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: G-shock gwg-1000 vs G-shock gpw-1000

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

G-shock gwg-1000 vs G-shock gpw-1000

Hey.

Do anyone own both watches? Can´t decide between the two and will be pleased to hear your opinions about them.

Re: G-shock gwg-1000 vs G-shock gpw-1000

I have both (Mudmaster and Beast) and I like the mudmaster better...

GPS is nice if you are a frequent traveler... but the Mudmaster has the coolness of the Rangeman and the look of the Beast... to me, best of both worlds!

(but I couldn't choose just one... I had to have both...)
    soulbridgemedia likes this.
    Live and Don't Learn....

p.s. my traveling days are past....
    Live and Don't Learn....

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I choose the Mudmaster for it's cleaner looks. Sorry but I think the GPW is too cluttered to the point of being geeky but maybe that's because I don't have one yet. As for the function wise, someone needs to chip in.

Rolex 16600 SeaDweller, Rolex 16610 Submariner LV 'V', Rolex 16610 Submariner LV 'V', Rolex 16570 Explorer II, Rolex 116613LN Submariner, Rolex 16710 Pepsi, Rolex 16710 GMT Master, Panerai Luminor 25, Omega Speedmaster 3570.50, Oris TT1, Sector SGE 650, GW-9400J-3JF, GW-9400BJ-1JF, GW-9400J-1JF, GW-200MS, GX-56GB-1ER, GX-56-1BDR, GA-100, DW-5600MS, DW-6900MS X 2, G-6900-1DR, GR-7900KG, GW-7900B-1JF, GR-8900A, G-9200MS, G-9000MS, G-9000-1, G-9000-8 (StormTrooper), G-9010, Casio PHYS STR-800

Gone but not forgotten
    Casio DW-5000C, Casio DW-5400C, Casio AW-5001E, Casio DW-6100GJ-1, Casio DW-5900C-9, Casio DW-9100EJ-9T , Casio DW-8400-1(Mudman)

Flipped
    Rolex 116520 Daytona Cosmograph, Omega Seamaster Ti 2231.80.00

I have both too.

I have no problem with radio auto receives midnight so either one is fine for me. I don't travel.

GPW is nice but does not otherwise support that many features (including hourly chime). But if you need a watch that will do for more formal occasion, GPW might be better choice.

My decision was easy. I got the GPW first, but when Mud came out, I couldn't resist and so I ended up having both and didn't have to decide between the two.

Oh yes, if I have to choose, Mud all the way!
    Last edited by cbkihong; October 4th, 2015 at 02:58.

Owning both the GPW & GWG; The GWG has a far superior feature set and depth of information, the GPW has a slightly more upmarket look thanks to it`s metal bezel and of course the GPS feature. Although I travel frequently if I had to choose only one, it would be the GWG hands down as it serves better and is far more practical as a field watch.

Both are large watches with bold visual styles, the GWG being the more aggressive of the two, on the wrist the GWG`s "wings" help to improve the comfort. Both are outstanding G-Shock`s, however the GPW pretty much compromises all for the GPS feature, which admittedly works flawlessly, equally it does limit the watch to a rather basic feature set. The GWG is the very antithesis with really only one feature missing, of course that would be GPS...

Q-6
    Time4Playnow likes this.

GWG - 4
    GPW - 0

I didn't expect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Piowa View Post
    GWG - 4
    GPW - 0

I didn't expect it.
    Well, even though you did not explicitly make the choice between the 2, you ended up with a GWG as well.

It probably is not the best moment to ask this question now, since apparently GWG is currently what receives the spotlight these days. I think a month or so before (when GWG just released) I raised/followed a similar comparison (forgotten whether was here or another forum) and the replies were nearly all GPW.

But as everybody should agree, GPW is more like other previous aviators / MRG / MTG and share a more limited feature set for more classy looks (and $$$), while GWG is probably the only anal-looking G that inherits nearly all features from the all-digital counterpart. If I have the GWG first, I probably wouldn't have looked into GPW anymore.

The GWG to me is like a more expensive version of GWN with a more aggressive design and the 'mud resist' function. But whatever, if the pocket allows, get all 3 :)
    Nemo and solar g-shocker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cbkihong View Post
    Well, even though you did not explicitly make the choice between the 2, you ended up with a GWG as well.

It probably is not the best moment to ask this question now, since apparently GWG is currently what receives the spotlight these days. I think a month or so before (when GWG just released) I raised/followed a similar comparison (forgotten whether was here or another forum) and the replies were nearly all GPW.

But as everybody should agree, GPW is more like other previous aviators / MRG / MTG and share a more limited feature set for more classy looks (and $$$), while GWG is probably the only anal-looking G that inherits nearly all features from the all-digital counterpart. If I have the GWG first, I probably wouldn't have looked into GPW anymore.
    Well........I don't know about YOUR GWG, but there is nothing "anal" looking about mine at all!! (I guess you'd call yours a "butt-ugly" g-shock??!) Maybe you want to return yours??? (probably best to spell out "analog" next time! But thanks very much for the laugh!! ) Looks like my sense of humor has never left the junior high level...oh well, now we know!

Okay, seriously. GPW vs GWG.... If you: are a frequent traveler, or just REALLY appreciate the GPS function, and you want an analog G with a more upscale look and feel (with metal DLC bezel and resin/carbon fiber strap), then get the GPW. If functions matter more to you than looks or the GPS function, then get the GWG.

If it were ME and I could only have one ---- it would have to be the Mudmaster because I value functionality over those other things. (but I REALLY like the GPW -- esp. the RAF version -- and am happy I have one!) So bottom line -- get BOTH if you can! Otherwise follow all the advice you're getting here. Or, follow your preference and just get one of them already -- you can't go wrong with either one!
    Last edited by Time4Playnow; October 5th, 2015 at 01:38.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information