G-Shock Hidden Test Screen?
Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By Sedi
  • 4 Post By kurzjak

Thread: G-Shock Hidden Test Screen?

G-Shock Hidden Test Screen?

Yesterday, while watching a youtube video, I found out something many of you already know. Pressing the a)adjust, b)mode, and c)forward, buttons simotaneously on any G-shock will display the test screen (whole LCD stays on). What I discovered today is that if you press the search button while on the test screen, each watch will display a couple of different screens which I cant help but think may mean something. The numbers represent the number of times search button was hit after entering test screen.

GW-1500: 1)checker screen, 2) "33 29", 3)"-01"
    GW-9300: 1) Top screen: "3260" bottom screen "001C", 2) "NYC"
    GW-9400: 1) Half fired LCD, 2)Top Screen: "3", bottom screen "3414", 3) "0 05"

Any ideas what my G's are telling me?

Edit: Module for each: 3366, 3260, 3410
    Last edited by njb242; February 5th, 2014 at 00:16.

Re: G-Shock Hidden Test Screen?

Quote Originally Posted by njb242 View Post
    GW-9400: 1) Half fired LCD, 2)Top Screen: "3", bottom screen "3414", 3) "0 05"
    Interesting (I knew about the test screens of course) - mine says "004" not "005". The 3414.3 is the module number - the GW-9400 uses the same module as the PRW-3000 which was released earlier. This is an interesting test as for example the G-7900 uses the same module as the G-9000 but with added moon/tide feature which was already present but hidden in the G-9000 - shows us that Casio plans pretty far ahead and add features that are only used in later releases. I have no clue however what the "005" means. On some models you can also do test syncs to the different towers, etc. And you can test the auto EL sensor and the solar panel.

cheers, Sedi
    njb242, jbg7474, kurzjak and 2 others like this.
    Cheers
    Sedi

Re 004/005 - (firmware) revision level perhaps?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I recently discovered a new test screen that I have never seen anywhere before. I'm going to show it here as I think it's something interesting.
    Normal time mode
    Name:  normal time mode.jpg
Views: 2474
Size:  189.2 KB

Being in that mode we need to press first "D" Forward button and then holding that we need to also press simultaneously "B" REV and "C" Select.
    That will bring us to J 40
    Name:  J test screen.jpg
Views: 2486
Size:  181.8 KB
    And as we scroll through there are also J 60, U 60, G 77, L 60, B 01, D 02, G 03, T 04.
    Pressing "SET" button will show symbol ":"
    Name:  U test screen.jpg
Views: 2471
Size:  179.3 KB
    From that place we can press "Forward" "D" button and when there is no ":" symbol in front of the number a receiving panel will show or power saving.
    Name:  power saving mode.jpg
Views: 2449
Size:  184.4 KB

Name:  Receiving mode.jpg
Views: 2462
Size:  189.7 KB

If we cancel it, next to the letter, for example J there will be "NG" so the whole will look like "JNG 40".

If anyone knows what that might check, power saving or receiving capabilities, I would be glad to know. I hope it's interesting for you also.
    nigelw, harald-hans, G-fob and 1 others like this.
    Have a great day!

And as we scroll through there are also J 60, U 60, G 77, L 60, B 01, D 02, G 03, T 04.
    Pressing "SET" button will show symbol ":"
    The J60 and US60 are the notations for the Atomic towers. Not sure of the rest.

The only reason I am guessing this is the circles on a GW9000 showing the atomic ("call signs"?) numbers just so happen to have similar patterns... JP40, JP60 = J60, US60=US60, GE77=G77 etc.
    Last edited by tic-toc/g-shock; February 5th, 2014 at 16:25.

Yes, in that test screen you can do test syncs to the different towers. Don't know about the rest either.

Cheers, Sedi

I owned the rangeman and I found the same test but I really want to know the detail of this. Do you know guy have any glue these information stand for ???

Very cool. I didn't know about the test screens. My gulfman displays the codes 3193 at top, 3 30 on the bottom. And if I hit adjust, mode and light simultaneously, it shows TLT at top and 88 88 on the bottom. Is that the auto EL test ? I'd love to know how to test the solar panel. edit: found out to test the solar panel hit A, B, D. And 88 88 means it's working. It would be nice to actually see a voltage reading on the battery.
    Last edited by Horologic; January 2nd, 2017 at 00:04.

Hi, I hope this reply is allowed. I have Mudman (G-9000MS) and love the watch but recently got a Gulfman (GW-9100) I got it used on Ebay, so far everything has seemed legit with it but I was interested in the hidden test screen and did it on both watches. And the Mudman displays "3031 11" on the module screen and in this is case is the module that corresponds to this model. But the Gulfman displays "CHI 3050 01" on the module screen and this Gulfman is supposed to have a 3089 module. Now I am wondering if this means the watch is fake (!) or if this is something that can happen, as on the first comment on this thread the module number don't match in one case, as far as I understand. Any help to clarify this will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Thread Information