G Shock "I Wish It Had" Features
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: G Shock "I Wish It Had" Features

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

G Shock "I Wish It Had" Features

for me, a simple LED flashlight built into the resin. Nothing crazy, just enough to find the remote when my wife is sleeping.

you?
    nigelw likes this.

Re: G Shock "I Wish It Had" Features

Quote Originally Posted by 4overthru3 View Post
    for me, a simple LED flashlight built into the resin. Nothing crazy, just enough to find the remote when my wife is sleeping.

you?
    Why not universal TV remote control built into the watch?
    Last edited by SheepOnDrugs; October 24th, 2013 at 09:36.

you?
    I heard GD-350 has pretty bright EL (or does it have a light bulb?)

And the DW-6600 has also very powerfull EL. If you press the light button in totally dark room, you can see around you and you can search for stuff.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Quote Originally Posted by Crater View Post
    I heard GD-350 has pretty bright EL (or does it have a light bulb?)
    The GD-350 has dual LED's. Very bright, but barely enough to use for walking around the home at night (unless you've got terrific night vision).

A watch LED bright enough to light your way requires a lot of power, more than what can be provided in these small coin cell batteries. I think it was Swiss Army / Victorinox that came up with such a watch, containing rechargeable batteries inside and a desk charger.

There's all kinds of features that one can dream up for G-Shocks. I've narrowed all of mine down to just one wish, that I'll keep repeating over and over until CASIO takes notice (wink, wink), and that's variable alarm tone control. The ability to set the loudness of the alarms, similar to how you can set the duration of illumination. CASIO can do it. They've proven that they can make a very loud watch (like the G-3010/G-3011) with G-Shock dampening, as well as a multitude of different tones with just one piezo speaker. In fact, if they wanted to do it right, they'd not only allow you to select loudness but also the tone frequency. This would be such a great improvement.
    Crater and fatiredflyer like this.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

While we're dreaming....

A g shock that looks / works exactly like a DW-5600e but with the addition of:

1. 30% larger, including the screen and digits, not just the bezel
    2. 2 more alarms, snooze
    3. Solar / Atomic

Dam what a watch....I need a tissue.

...but they'll never make it. It would make all other g's obsolete.
    Last edited by Brasso; October 24th, 2013 at 01:37.
    Everyone has a right to be offended.

May I suggest Casio MDV-102...not a G-Shock, but it is essentially like wearing a small LED flashlight on your wrist. Google Image has a few photos of the watch with the lights on.

Name:  MDV102_02.JPG
Views: 763
Size:  98.4 KB
    caudillcolossal likes this.

Would like a date-set alarm, and also USB data storage capabilities.
    Suunto Core Sahara | Suunto Vector HR | Seiko SCC017 Solar Diver | Casio GW5000 (sold) | Casio Pathfinder PRW3000 (sold) | Suunto Elementum Terra (sold) | Ocean7 LM7 SS (sold) | Citizen Aqualand Classic II (sold) | Seiko 6309-7040 (sold) | Seiko 6105-8110 (sold) | Casio PAW-1500T (sold) | G-shock GW6900 (sold) |

...you?
    The watch I had immediately before my g-shock had a nifty feature where you can set a countdown time (in seconds) and when it reaches 0, it'll beep a few times and count up (like a stop watch). This is extremely useful for self timing of activities with an added start reaction.I missed that feature in my g-shock. But my g-shock has been working 8.5 years (and still counting) vs the typical 1-2yrs of life of my other watches. So, I'm pretty happy with my g-shock.

Since the Rangeman came out...I have no answer to this thread. Feature-wise, that's my exit watch.
    nigelw likes this.
    Image not available

I can't help wondering why no other G-Shock owners complaints on the fixed illumination duration (1sec/3secs). It gets really annoying in the dark when you want to do something with the watch and the lights goes off every 3 seconds. Why can't it be customized, or an option where it can just stay on till another press on the button, or otherwise auto off if no activity is detected.
    jhm3 and nigelw like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information