• 4 Post By Tetsu Tekubi
  • 5 Post By Knives and Lint
  • 1 Post By Tetsu Tekubi
  • 3 Post By starscream

Thread: G-Shock & Kicks

G-Shock & Kicks

Let's see your g-shock and kicks combo.

Re: G-Shock & Kicks

Seventeen pages worth, ending in 2012: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/my-...es-249945.html

Edit: here's another one with almost the same title! https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/gs-kicks-233983.html

I KNOW there's at least one more recent thread but can't find it -- it's got another catchy term for "athletic shoes" in it. "Sneaks," maybe?
    Last edited by Mike K; March 17th, 2016 at 03:56.

And here I kicked my G-Shock through the wall for nothing...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

SBM will sniff this thread out like a pig looking for truffles.
    idkfa, JohnQFord, Crater and 2 others like this.

you rang?

i mean... oink oink
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Quote Originally Posted by soulbridgemedia View Post
    you rang?

i mean... oink oink
    No pic of today's co-ord?
    I am disappoint

Quote Originally Posted by koiom View Post
    No pic of today's co-ord?
    I am disappoint
    hahaha its actually is a little bit of a depressing story, i have a new team leader trying to prove himself and he has fully cracked down on what we're allowed to wear, even tho we have no dress code other than "tidy and presentable" with preference towards "business attire". its going to be an uphill battle for him cos we all do alot of running around and prefer not to wear dress shoes (i dont actually own any! last time i wore dress shoes and got told what to wear was in high school!) but while its still the hot topic, ive dialed back the colours to blacks and greys so its been boring and ttytt i havent felt like myself! the Gs just doesnt ahve the same impact without a bit of coord going on lol

see what i mean? grey grey greyish white.. sigh haha

Collecting G-Shocks has definitely made me consider rekindling my love for shoes, as the brighter colors just call for coordination. I remember back when I was in high school in the 90's, I would ditch class for the first part of the day that new Jordans were released, just so I could show up by lunchtime and be the first one with the newest pair of J's.

However, for the past few years I have pretty much been wearing the same pair of sneakers. Not the same exact pair, but the same model (I even have a few fresh pairs still in the box). They are Puma's, and they fit me perfectly, have a design that allows me to be agile, and go with just about everything. Plus the sole is black so they resist getting dirty well.

I still color coordinate with my G's, but mostly with my clothes, shades, and that little bit of pocket knife that sticks out of the pocket. I usually wear black pants or shorts (the same exact kind of those every day too ), and then use my shirt for that splash of color, so these shoes go well with that. Every summer I consider getting back into more kinds of sneakers (I may even this summer) but my other interests always seem to get in the way.

The only other pic I have of G-Shocks and kicks is with a pair of Air Max I designed at the Nike ID store some time back. I have had them for quite a while, but they have stood up to the test of time, partially because the type of brown leather I picked holds up well and looks fine weathered.

i wasnt allowed to spend money on sneakers as a kid so i missed out on all the jordans (before the hype), not that i woudlve been able to afford them anyway. prob why im making up for lost time now :p

Over the years Ive tried most brands and many models from each that fall into the middle of road territory for style ie. Not too dressy/fashiony and not too athletic and have finally narrowed it down to just a few brands and models. Nike Air max 90s, air max 1s, airforce 1s and asics gel lyte 3s. theres a couple stray ones in there like new balance 574s and reebok ventilators but with buying 90% online Ive given up taking risks with unknown models, tho that still hasnt stopped me from getting burnt on the sizes of the models I do go for! GL3s especially have sizing all over the place ):<

Im beginning to understand why old ppl write letters to companies to bring back a certain product, if its the one that works best for you, you dont want anything else! Haha
    Knives and Lint likes this.

i've posted most of my g's and kicks pics in a diff thread.. might have been some hobby one, can't remember.

but here is a new sneaker i got earlier this month for my bday. adidas originals triple red suede stan smith, probably a little too loud for a lot of people here lol:

Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_0080.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	7479514

Name:	IMG_0074.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	761.6 KB
ID:	7479522

and then i got these air max 90 essential bright crimson in Jan to use as a daily beater cause my last similar looking pair has gotten pretty worn out and dirty:

Name:	IMG_9817.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	7479546

I got a adidas originals xeno borealis zx flux in feb but not worn them out yet.. trying to keep sneaker purchases down to 1 a month. With all these G-Shock's coming out that I have no interest in, it gives me more cash to spend on kicks. lol

Thread Information