G-shock for a Medical Student? - Page 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: G-shock for a Medical Student?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: G-shock for a Medical Student?

anything with tritium tubes, particularly on the second hand, would serve you very well.

hmm.. the awg-101 is very flat.. and good to read i think.
    maybe you could use a 5600 too.
    Collection: DW-004X-8T, GW-9100-1, AWG-101-1

Go with a 6900 or 5600 both very simple but have everything you need. Atomic setting may not be your best choice for your type of work due to most watches in your field are set to administrator time a solar watch if your wearing everyday may come in more handy so you dont have to wory about battery needing replacement anytime soon. good luck

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'd recommend an analog. It's just much easier to take a pulse that way. Of course I suppose that's all done by computer today.

Thanks everyone!

The guys made great suggestions, mine on the other hand was not as great, (Riseman) if you take into account exposure to body fluids etc, It would be tough to clean. A second hand would be very useful, as would day date and atomic sync. Auto light, and tritium not so much, unless you're an EMT or Armed Forces medic, You wont be practicing too much medicine in the dark. Count down timers and multiple alarms could come in useful in some settings but you probably wont come across too many of those situations in the day to day practice.

Maybe a Giez? Elegant and low profile look. Costs a bit more, but looks more classy.

Cheers,

Sjors

Sent using Tapatalk!
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Quote Originally Posted by CatherineM View Post
    I'd recommend an analog. It's just much easier to take a pulse that way. Of course I suppose that's all done by computer today.
    This is important. One thing I noticed the other day was these circular indicators on the G-shocks are gimmicky for others but for people taking a pulse, they're a great way to graphically see how many seconds have gone by. As far as cleaning goes, yes, it's important, but it's not like you're being shot at with barf/blood. Normal BSI procedures should prevent problems. I'm a med student in a similar situation. Choosing a watch has been really difficult since I'm also hoping to find a watch that will fit under a dress shirt and look professional. Please let me know what watch you decide on!

If you work third shift you will be disappointed at the syncing of an Atomic. Generally most hospitals have thick walls and have polarized windows (I think this is an issue... may not) Ur watch will sync after 0000 0100 0200 0300 and you may not get a signal in a hospital.

EDIT: My watch went a few days without syncing: odd position when I was sleeping (My watch normally syncs on my wrist when I sleep), Friends house, and ER stay. All days I didn't get a sync BUT my watch was still on cue with time.gov. So don't let that deter you if you have a crazy schedule.
    Last edited by grumpyguitarist; November 25th, 2011 at 22:23.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information