G-Shock members, I need your help!

Thread: G-Shock members, I need your help!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question G-Shock members, I need your help!

First time post here, a wonderful forum by the way. Without it I would have never have gotten as far as I have in restoring my G-Shock as I have, I'm at my wits end though now with one final piece...

-

This is my father's watch, a sad sight I know but a testament to the durability of these watches. It traveled with him since he purchased it new through many a harsh condition until it met it's untimely end about 5 years ago. My father was working at a phosphate plant out in Mulberry, Florida when a large nut about 3.5i"x1" fell from 3 stories up off of a piece of scaffolding ultimately hitting his wrist most likely saving it from breaking, the watch however cracked, he continued wearing it for a few months afterwards until a rock had shot out of one of the reject tubes and again hit him in the wrist leaving the watch as you see now. I recently pulled it out of a drawer out of curiosity to see if it was salvageable, I'd love to fix it for him good as new for this Christmas but I cannot for the life of me find another crystal, do any of you members out there have one in good shape off a parts watch or a spare you'd be willing to part with Also are there any tricks to re polishing the back of these watches?

-Alex

Re: G-Shock members, I need your help!

Holy G !!!!!!! that is one tough SOB.
    dun think u can change the crystal, just like that.

its either u get another dw-5600C and change the module or get a DW-5000 series and swap out the model. fortunately the bezel and band is cheaply available from Casio USA.
    "My watch buying policy reaches up to $29.99. PM me if interested" - Vintage

The DW-5600C crystals are nearly impossible to get ahold of. Even if you did, how would you press it into the case without breaking it?

Personally, I would save that watch just like it is. You could find another DW-5600C on Ebay to fix up and wear. Even if you found one that was missing the bezel and band, you could easily replace those by ordering them through Casio USA, like mansrow said.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mansrow View Post
    Holy G !!!!!!! that is one tough SOB.
    dun think u can change the crystal, just like that.

its either u get another dw-5600C and change the module or get a DW-5000 series and swap out the model. fortunately the bezel and band is cheaply available from Casio USA.

if its too much to restore you can get a new one from amazon for only 30 dollars very good price. it is not a screwback like the one you have but should be pretty durable. sounds like Gs have saved dad a couple of times thanks for sharing

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Thanks, I ordered a bezel,band,spings,screws and gasket set for it. I was hoping perhaps a member had a case sitting around gathering dust, all the 5600's a see on ebay are messed up in one way or the other crystal wise. I'd also like to do the lcd inversion mod as well while Im at it. Another quick question, did the 5600c-v1 have those 2 protection bars ever or was that on later models, and will they fit if so? Annnd where can I get them

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

Welcome to the forum.

Wow, that watch has sure taken a beating.

Get your WUS badge now from the WUS store.
    >> Support WUS by clicking through to our sponsors sites. <<
    >> Buying from a sponsor? Tell them WUS sent you. <<

Well I kept an eye on ebay and ended up jumping on this, does the price seem fair? I hope the crystal looks as good in person as it does in the picture. I just got in my rebuild kit as well for the watch, new springs, washers,screws, rubber, everything.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260288067444

It very hard to say whats fair. if you like it get it. there is always a chance that one might show up cheaper but they are getting harder and harder to find.

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Very interesting story. Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing.
    Geode
    You only live once.....and some don't even do that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobyroo View Post
    Well I kept an eye on ebay and ended up jumping on this, does the price seem fair? I hope the crystal looks as good in person as it does in the picture. I just got in my rebuild kit as well for the watch, new springs, washers,screws, rubber, everything.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260288067444
    I think that's a fair price but really you'll have to be the judge of that once you've inspected it carefully. Anyway you got it so fingers crossed. Hope everything works out well and good luck!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information