G shock military watch what model to get
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: G shock military watch what model to get

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

G shock military watch what model to get

Hey guys I am new to this a friend of mine mentioned a while back that he wanted G shock military style watch and I have been looking online what to get him but I need some expert advice on what model to get and where to get it from? Also what color do you guys suggest to get him?

Re: G shock military watch what model to get

Stock DW-6900 or 5600.

"He's just a witness"
    Tsip85 likes this.

(Dedicated to the pink tiger stripe and the man behind it.)

When i was a soldier, there were no G-Shocks available, but if I were to return to the military now, I would definitely want a G-5600E. It is small and flat to the wrist so it won't catch web gear and it has what one needs in direct military situations. Solar so there is no worry about battery life. What you don't need is something big, bold and tactical-looking. Leave that stuff for the gunshop commandos. Staying prone to avoid incoming and crawling around in the mud teaches appreciation for weapons and gear that are simple, reliable and smooth on the outside.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ai_manou View Post
    Hey guys I am new to this a friend of mine mentioned a while back that he wanted G shock military style watch and I have been looking online what to get him but I need some expert advice on what model to get and where to get it from? Also what color do you guys suggest to get him?
    Well if he is talking about military style then the colour is going to have to be black. And normally when people speak of "military" G's they are talking about the ones with negative displays. There are a lot of "military" G-shocks to choose from. How much are looking to spend?

Also, is your friend wanting one for the style? or is he wanting to join the military? If he is joining up, I'd listen to Godan. I've just been merit listed for my nations armed forces and will be buying a 5600 and leaving my bulky G's at home
    Last edited by J.Harris; February 6th, 2014 at 03:10.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Harris View Post
    Well if he is talking about military style then the colour is going to have to be black. And normally when people speak of "military" G's they are talking about the ones with negative displays. There are a lot of "military" G-shocks to choose from. How much are looking to spend?

Also, is your friend wanting one for the style? or is he wanting to join the military? If he is joining up, I'd listen to Godan. I've just been merit listed for my nations armed forces and will be buying a 5600 and leaving my bulky G's at home
    Get a solar, for sure. It is one less thing to worry about during the 99% of service that is boredom, and it will serve you reliably if you need it during the 1% that is terror.

GW-M5610 or GW-M530. The 5610 doesn't sit as high on the wrist as the 530 does but the buttons on the 5610 are shiny silver. I guess they could be blacked out with something though. Both are solar which is good and atomic which probably won't matter depending on where your friend will be.

I agree with the low profile and solar. My g-2300 used to get caught on my vest while putting it on quickly other than that it wasn't too bad. I also used my pro-trek a lot while on nighttime convoys I'd set the waypoint to the base we were headed to before we left, it gave me peace of mind in case shtf, that I would know the general direction of the closest friendly area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he wants to use it for the military dw-5600e or dw-6900. But if he means blacked out/stealth then there's a lot of different models my favorite stealth model is gw-5000b, dw-5600bb

Quote Originally Posted by Jaykwish View Post
    I agree with the low profile and solar. My g-2300 used to get caught on my vest while putting it on quickly other than that it wasn't too bad. I also used my pro-trek a lot while on nighttime convoys I'd set the waypoint to the base we were headed to before we left, it gave me peace of mind in case shtf, that I would know the general direction of the closest friendly area. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There is no mistaking the voice of experience. Who listens, or not, is another matter.

this one
    Name:  Fotoğraf2094.jpg
Views: 1342
Size:  441.7 KBName:  Fotoğraf2091.jpg
Views: 844
Size:  500.9 KBName:  Fotoğraf2090.jpg
Views: 837
Size:  470.6 KBName:  Fotoğraf2089.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  430.7 KB

with this