G Shock mini vs Baby G
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: G Shock mini vs Baby G

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    kae

G Shock mini vs Baby G

hi guys!

i finally got myself an account here cos i just keep coming back to read the threads... hehe
    nice to meet you all!

mmm, if you all dont mind, i need some help: i am looking to buy a gshock mini but i can only buy it online as it's not sold in my country... so i was wondering, can anyone kindly help me out by telling/showing me the size difference between a gshock mini and a baby g? i have a small wrist and i hope to get something that i can wear properly, hee... thanks in advance

Re: G Shock mini vs Baby G

I don't know but there are small G-shocks as well like the 5600 series.
    Perhaps you could post your wrist size so people can advice you some models.

Quote Originally Posted by captain kid View Post
    Hehe, I never would have believed in 1987 that someday we'd be calling the 5600 series "small" :) But somehow it is now, you're right. RE: G-Shock Mini, here's what my wife's G-Shock Mini looks like next to a standard 5600c. Per Casio the Mini is exactly 70% as big. This model is JDM too and wasn't available here in the US, I got it at a good price from a Japanese place called OGT-CLAN online. Sorry I don't have a Baby-G around to compare it to.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

kae

Perhaps you could post your wrist size so people can advice you some models.
    hi! i hope this helps...
    Name:  DSC_0104.JPG
Views: 14065
Size:  214.5 KB
    this is me wearing my dad's gshock and i buckled the 3rd eyelet (is that how im supposed to describe it? )

Quote Originally Posted by mhammer8 View Post
    Hehe, I never would have believed in 1987 that someday we'd be calling the 5600 series "small" :) But somehow it is now, you're right. RE: G-Shock Mini, here's what my wife's G-Shock Mini looks like next to a standard 5600c. Per Casio the Mini is exactly 70% as big. This model is JDM too and wasn't available here in the US, I got it at a good price from a Japanese place called OGT-CLAN online. Sorry I don't have a Baby-G around to compare it to.
    hi! thanks for the picture... i love that white gshock and had actually considered buying it, lol. but im afraid of it turning yellow/orange after sometime...
    Last edited by kae; April 20th, 2012 at 14:44.

Quote Originally Posted by kae View Post
    hi! thanks for the picture... i love that white gshock and had actually considered buying it, lol. but im afraid of it turning yellow/orange after sometime...
    They make it in a few other colors as well. She's been beating it up pretty well for almost a year and it still looks great... It's not jelly exactly, it feels kind of stiffer and harder. Not sure if it will hold up better than the jelly does.

EDIT: With that picture above, I think the Mini would really be a good fit for you. The lugs are closer together on it, it would look like a standard 5600 does on someone with bigger wrists.
    Last edited by mhammer8; April 19th, 2012 at 18:07.

kae

Quote Originally Posted by mhammer8 View Post
    They make it in a few other colors as well. She's been beating it up pretty well for almost a year and it still looks great... It's not jelly exactly, it feels kind of stiffer and harder. Not sure if it will hold up better than the jelly does.
    ok now im tempted again... hahaha

hi! i hope this helps...
    Hmm it does look a bit to big in my opinion, but if you would cut the strap you might get away with it.

hi! i hope this helps...
    this is me wearing my dad's gshock and i buckled the 3 eyelet (is that how im supposed to describe it? )
    Cake is the answer to your problem.

If you don't want to gorge, then look for any of the Club-G models (GXS-***). They are amazingly under-rated smaller G-Shocks made for us more mature G-Shock fanatics to give to our kids. I don't know if they are still made but there are quite a few up for sale second hand.

EDIT - In fact there were two green ex-display GXS-690's on eBay in the UK as I typed this. I've just bought one for my son, it will be his second/

Name:  10_1.jpg
Views: 10851
Size:  34.6 KB
    Last edited by psweeting; April 19th, 2012 at 22:02.
    mhammer8 likes this.

kae

Hmm it does look a bit to big in my opinion, but if you would cut the strap you might get away with it.
    but cutting's so sad!

Quote Originally Posted by psweeting View Post
    Cake is the answer to your problem.

If you don't want to gorge, then look for any of the Club-G models (GXS-***). They are amazingly under-rated smaller G-Shocks made for us more mature G-Shock fanatics to give to our kids. I don't know if they are still made but there are quite a few up for sale second hand.

EDIT - In fact there were two green ex-display GXS-690's on eBay in the UK as I typed this. I've just bought one for my son, it will be his second/

Name:  10_1.jpg
Views: 10851
Size:  34.6 KB
    lol!! ok thanks i'll look around... and your son's so lucky. i now have to buy my own watches, hahaha

I hope you find it informative.
    (I do not have a lot of Baby-G and g-mini)

Name:  CIMG0318s.jpg
Views: 22074
Size:  145.2 KB
    AWG-500J-1AJF / GMN-50G-1BJR / LOV-11A-7AJR(BGA-133-7)
    I am sorry if you don't understand what I say, my English skills are really poor (bad).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information