G-Shock owners Demographics

Thread: G-Shock owners Demographics

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

G-Shock owners Demographics

I have seen and heard people talk about people who own G-Shock are people who are on a budget and can not afford nicer rugged watches.I for one make a good living and have nice expensive watches but prefer G-Shocks. i just find the generalization asonine.

What is you age?
    What do you do?
    Household income?(optional)

Re: G-Shock owners Demographics

I feel like some have that stereotype about G owners, but I could care less. I can afford pricier watches, but I beat the crap out of my watches, so its just a waste of money. I do have a lot of watches I don't wear and that is ok. They were all $100-$350 watches. If I pay a good amount for a watch I sure as heck want to wear it. No sense paying a lot of money and let it sit. I prefer G shocks because they are rugged and can take a lot of abuse-- which I dish. My Seiko and Citizen I wear a lot don't seem to be able to handle the abuse quite like the G does. Lots of scratches on the ss and on the hardlex-- and plenty of little chips/gouges around the bezels. I have heard some say that G's are for teens. Another stereotype. I got my first Casio at 18 and my first G in my early 20's. I am now in my 30's and I still love my G's. For a tough and functional watch that can go anywhere, you can't beat the price-- no matter the age.
    If someone wants to snub me because I wear a G, so be it. I can stereotype them just the same as a pompous, materialistic, middle-aged snob. But, would that be an accurate assesment? For some--sure, but I would hope it wasn't. People are often not what they seem. My collection is full of G's, but when you start adding up the cost of them all, its no small chunk of change. So, sure, I could own a few higher end watches, but with my line of work, its really a big waste of money.
    Sellers: Topher1556, JERSTERCA, GGD, Shaefro58, eeek, mvyadam, withthesword, fantasma, manitoujoe, jackhlin, flipe8, 94dakar, & davewg .... :thanks!!

Im 28, and make enough money to afford a much more expensive watch. In fact, I have more expensive watches but I enjoy the "bang for the buck" factor of a G. I look down on a person that wears a Rolex as a status symbol, not because its a fine watch. Around here, the guy wearing a G is likely wearing it out of necessity And who cares if they can't afford a nicer watch? At least that G wearer is buying within his means...unless they are on this forum!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Old enough not to care.

In real life, not many comments about watches at all. On watch forums, I've seen posts where some have that opinion, and we should feel sorry for the poor souls.

I'm 26.
    I'm a computer lab manager.
    I make $16.50 an hour, full time.
    Currently:

Rolex Milgauss 116400GV
    Rolex Explorer 214270
    Omega Seamaster 300M ceramic 212.30.41.20.01.003.007.90210.WTF.BBQ.LOL.187.911. 12345
    Omega Seamaster 300M 2254.50.00
    Omega Seamaster 166.002
    Seiko SKX007K2
    Seiko SARB035
    G-Shock
    GMWB5000D-1

Im a 36 yr old private military contractor who has been wearing G-shocks since being a Marine PFC back in 93. Ive worn these wonderful tuff little watches all over the world and never had one fail me.

final-yr undergrad
    hopefully will land a good job eventually to feed my WIS insatiability

34 years of age
    Middle years teacher, working with "at risk, red zone behaviour" students.

I am new to the world of G shock...but I am very happy with the pieces that I have. I figure you wear what makes you happy. In my line of work I have seen a lot of kids try to "keep up" with the other students at school, and then come to school hungry because the jeans that they are wearing were the families food budget for the week. If I could afford a high end watch I would probably still by affordable ones because I like 'em. ...at the end of the day it really doesn't matter what everybody else thinks...it is what you think.

"If you haven't got to where you are going, you probably aren't there yet", George Carlin

I'm 31, a journalist by education but presently working as a broadcast writer. I had my first G-Shock when I was 12 years old. Never did I once imagine that I would eventually have five of them someday.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; September 14th, 2009 at 12:06.
    DW-9051/2
    G-9200 Riseman
    G-9100 Gulfman
    G-9000MC-8D Mudman
    GW5600J
    GA-100A-9A

Sucks to be without a G.

I'm 54, a psychiatric nurse by training but these days a National Health Service trainer, mainly in mental health law.

I earn what you might expect a middle-ranking public servant to earn. I could spend thousands of pounds on a watch if I really wanted to, but I won't.

My database tells me that my most expensive watch cost £520, with an average of £258.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information