G-shock and Protrek (my watches) :)

Thread: G-shock and Protrek (my watches) :)

G-shock and Protrek (my watches) :)

Hi, I open this topic to see what do you think about my G-shock, the 1501 Cockpit series http://www.casio.com.tw/wat/g_shock/...1501-2avdr.gif ?

Another thing, a lot of people say a G-Trek would be good but isnt the Protrek a Shock resistent watch?I mean it's designed to climb mountains and extreme sports so...I guess it's like a G-shock in that way.
    Well, thanks everyone I feel happy discussing with other pals who love Casio I feel i aint alone!
    Be today, better than yesterday.
    Batman

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Re: G-shock and Protrek (my watches) :)

Excellent model Batman.

Beautifully finished and made.

I got one in black with yellow accents on the face.

I know Brian loves his

Wink Re: G-shock and Protrek (my watches) :)

Hello Batman,

A proTrek watch is build for very rough use. It doesn't only not qualify the triple 10 criteria (or is not tested as such).

The original triple 10 criteria are:

1. must survive freefall of 10m (30ft) on a concrete floor
    2. must be at least 10bar (100m water resistant)
    3. battery life must be at leats 10 years
    Note: Since the EL backlight was introduced in 1994, the last criterium (3) is replaced watch must survive functioning at least 10 years, since EL backlight drains the battery. Now th e norman lbattery life on basic models is about 3 years under norml use (except for the 10 year battery models).

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

hi batman,

nice watch but not my cuppa. I used to have one, didn't like it much and sold it after a couple weeks again.

regards, holger

p.s. your pro-trek 90 is an oustanding watch, although I prefer the radio controlled PAW1200 series (which is basically the same).
    We are 12.6 %

Banned

Hi Batman,

Great watch . I have 2 of those models, a black and blue one. They usually tend to hog most of my wrist time on the weekends. As far as the Pro Treks go, I have a PRG-50 which I like very much, but I am also considering purchasing either a PRG-80 or the newer PAW-1200. Both are nice watches but I can't decide right now O| O| . Here are a few pics of my 1500's and PRG.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors
    Hello Batman,

A proTrek watch is build for very rough use. It doesn't only not qualify the triple 10 criteria (or is not tested as such).

The original triple 10 criteria are:

1. must survive freefall of 10m (30ft) on a concrete floor
    2. must be at least 10bar (100m water resistant)
    3. battery life must be at leats 10 years
    Note: Since the EL backlight was introduced in 1994, the last criterium (3) is replaced watch must survive functioning at least 10 years, since EL backlight drains the battery. Now th e norman lbattery life on basic models is about 3 years under norml use (except for the 10 year battery models).

Cheers,

Sjors
    great iformation ,thanks for that.i did not know about these criteria before as you mentioned above..
    in my personal opinion although protreks are generally tough watches but they are no way as tough as G SHOCKS,i can personally tell this as i have both g shocks and protreks,and no g shock ever died on me unless i killed it myself! but sadly i lost some protrek watches after relatively minor accidents,like bike accident,water infiltration,heavy shocks ,falls etc....these protreks were mostly from prt series though ,the newer prg series seems a more tough in my experience ,but still i guess they can not be compared to real g shocks in toughness.
    so i will say to casio... "MAKE A G TREK TRIPLE SENSOR WATCH SOON".

Thanks for the answers, pals. I like both series but I think I prefer Protreks since they can be useful in a dangerous situation. About G-shock's with triple sensor I think I saw one long time ago, it was an old model...cant remember well but it had a compass, termometer and barometer o.o
    See yas
    Batman

Quote Originally Posted by drkjke
    great iformation ,thanks for that.i did not know about these criteria before as you mentioned above..
    in my personal opinion although protreks are generally tough watches but they are no way as tough as G SHOCKS,i can personally tell this as i have both g shocks and protreks,and no g shock ever died on me unless i killed it myself! but sadly i lost some protrek watches after relatively minor accidents,like bike accident,water infiltration,heavy shocks ,falls etc....these protreks were mostly from prt series though ,the newer prg series seems a more tough in my experience ,but still i guess they can not be compared to real g shocks in toughness.
    so i will say to casio... "MAKE A G TREK TRIPLE SENSOR WATCH SOON".
    Be today, better than yesterday.
    Batman

good site for you here all you protrekers
    http://www.casio-intl.com/wat/protrek/prg_80/

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Batman
    Thanks for the answers, pals. I like both series but I think I prefer Protreks since they can be useful in a dangerous situation. About G-shock's with triple sensor I think I saw one long time ago, it was an old model...cant remember well but it had a compass, termometer and barometer o.o
    See yas
    Batman
    well casio has not yet made a triple sensor g shock...although there were two g shock models in past with twin sensors, that is thermometer and barometer/ altimeter,but sadly they were also discontinued after a while.these models were g shock skyforce and g shock riseman dw 6700...so they are now discontinued and are hardly avaialable now. also casio made a g shock with only compass and thermometer functions (no altimeter barometer) , named g shock wademan ,this to best of my knowledge is also discontinued.

Thread Information