G-Shock Question

Thread: G-Shock Question

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question G-Shock Question

Hello!

Just recently started looking into some nicer watches for work that are durable and preferably Ana-Digi.

The first one that caught my eye and is still one of my favorites is the GW2500B.

The one I just recently found and the basis for my question is the GS-1050.

I really like this GS-1050 and it's by far my favorite at the moment, but is this watch not available in the US? I'm finding them on eBay for reasonable prices, but they're all coming from Asia. Is there a way to be sure that these are genuine Casio watches and not copies or counterfeits? Just something about ordering these from overseas that has me a little worried. The prices seem very reasonable.

A metal band option is not very important to me (I would scratch it to hell at work) and the Atomic timekeeping is nice, but not necessary, so this GS-1050 is very attractive to me and I love the design.

Any input on this is appreciated! Anywhere in the US to get one of these or should I not be concerned?

Re: G-Shock Question

Hi and welcome,
    as long as you take a close look at the feedback of the sellers I think you're fine - I ordered from different Hong-Kong based sellers and have always received great service. Most of the time the best prices on Casios are from Asian sellers.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    Hi and welcome,
    as long as you take a close look at the feedback of the sellers I think you're fine - I ordered from different Hong-Kong based sellers and have always received great service. Most of the time the best prices on Casios are from Asian sellers.

cheers, Sedi
    Thanks for the reply! That makes me feel a little bit better. The seller has great feedback and it seems they deal mostly in watches.

Any other input is welcome. :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I guess the seller feedback is pretty much the only thing I have to go by since this doesn't seem like a very common model. I just hope I don't get screwed. :(

Also, if anyone is willing to take a look at this auction I'm watching and see what you think, that would probably make me feel better. Haha! If you are willing, PM me and I'll send you the link.

Not sure anyone is looking at this thread, but in the interest of keeping the thread updated, I went ahead and ordered the watch last night. After doing some more research about the seller and digging a little deeper, I felt pretty comfortable about it. I've already received shipment information and I will keep this thread updated. I will also start a new thread with pictures if/when it gets here!

I'm already wondering if this might be too nice of a watch to be worn daily with my job. Hmm....maybe I need another one to switch off.

This could be very addicting!

Indeed it is addicting! I buy about one or two Casios a month. Looking forward to your presentation of the GS-1050 when it arrives .

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Sorry to say Beefy, but you´ve been bugged. It start slowly, you think excuses for another G, and when you are not paying attention, you are just clicking on "buy it" on an frogman auction. Believe me.

Go Team Bravus!!

Nah...you won´t be buying more. you can stop. It´s easy.

...No. You will most likely get some more. Try these tu justify the next buys before yourself or your partner: "they are so cheap" "It makes a nice workwatch and i won´t scratch my dresswatch" "It shows me the tide and moon phases in Hawaai"

Have fun and post a pic when you get your G.

Thanks for the encouragement! This sure is a great self help group!

One thing I noticed about the Frogman for myself is I don't think it would be very comfortable with the offset face since I wear on the right wrist.

Oh, and I think I might get a GW6900 to keep the other one handy. Don't want it to get lonely or anything.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information