G Shock For Real World Diving

Thread: G Shock For Real World Diving

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

G Shock For Real World Diving

Just wondering if serious divers use regular Gs for scuba. I'm not talking about Frogs, just the ordinary Gs like the 5600.

Re: G Shock For Real World Diving

I have seen several divers dive 'normal' Gs while going out on a trip. None of the dives were to any considerable depth, but none sprang a leak either! I know Casio doesnt recommend using them for SCUBA, but in my experience they are somewhat underrated in what they can handle depth-wise. I do usually dive either my SMP or my Frogman, maybe next time I will throw on the Gulfman to see how it fares.

i've done 30m diving with my mudman and it was fine, also saw someone diving with a 5600.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Do not know why it would not be OK. The are rated to 200M. It takes special effort to go that deep. Many other brand 'divers' are only 200M rated, so I see no issues with using a G the same way. Maybe you do not want to push buttons way down there, just as you probably do not want to mess with the buttons or crown on the other divers, but otherwise should be fine.
    WhtShadow

Current Collection
    Casio 'non-G' 83QS-41, DW-1500, OAW-100TDJ, PAW-1300T,
    G-Shock GW-M5600, GW-800D, MTG-1000G,
    Bulova Accutron 214, Omega SMP 2232.80, Omega SMP 2255.80, Ball Engineer M Challenger, Traser Auto Pro,
    Seiko SDWB61, SNA139, SKA389, SKA296, Momentum Cobalt V Lite, Orient Mako Blue, Orient Mako USA 2 White,
    Victorinox (Swiss Army) Ground Force 60/60, Base Camp Ti

200 dives a year, approx, and i have never used a digital. Always an automatic divers, currently Ocean7 LM1-LE is the watch of preference with Seikos' always a close second.

I am however looking to a G for work and i just know it will come along too as i am intrigued to see how it will do. Don't know which yet but i am not going to worry whether or not it is diver rated i'll just take it down and see.

I think a G would be just fine... Ive taken my Seiko SKX 173 and my Luminox Resin diver to 60 Feet. No issue with either watch.

FYI, The Luminox does NOT have screw down crown and it did just fine.

I would certainly trust a G to any recreational diving. I saw many of them on my dive trips.
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

200 Dives a year? Commercial???? Thats a LOT of bottom time. Your log book runneth over!
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

the bigger problem with the 5600 is the small buttons. (to press the light f.e.) i think a mudman (! auto light, big buttons) or dw-6900 would doing great for diving.

when i was jet-skiing i also used my dw-6900, cause its much better if u want to stop time, as the buttons are very accessable also while everyhting is shaking underneath your booty.
    regards,
    gerry fonklover

I spoke to a guy about 2 months ago that noticed my DW 5600WC FIFA G he said is son is a professional diver that lives in a diving bell up to 30 days at a time. he said most electronics fail when in the bell due to dampness. he said his son only uses Gs and has never had a problem. I asked him which one he currently had but he did not know

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Quote Originally Posted by JERSTERCA View Post
    I spoke to a guy about 2 months ago that noticed my DW 5600WC FIFA G he said is son is a professional diver that lives in a diving bell up to 30 days at a time. he said most electronics fail when in the bell due to dampness. he said his son only uses Gs and has never had a problem. I asked him which one he currently had but he did not know
    Wow. Lives in a diving bell for days at a time? I did not know people did that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information