G-Shock Request

Thread: G-Shock Request

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

G-Shock Request

Looking for a G-Shock for my brother. He is a cop, and currently has a digital Timex. He saw my GW-1310, and liked the features, but said he would have to have full digital.

So, features that I'm looking for:
    Solar
    Atomic (US)
    Full Digital
    Auto LED (might be hard to find, instead of Auto EL)
    3-5 Alarms
    Stopwatch

Want to keep it under $200, probably closer to $100.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys (gals).

Re: G-Shock Request

The GW-5600 seems to fit the bill, except for the Auto-LED. I have no idea what Auto-LED is. The GW-5600 has Auto-EL

I'd go with the GW-5600 too, it's a great watch.

As for the auto-LED ( light emitting diode ), as far as I know there is no G-Shock that uses this lighting system and if there were an auto-LED the battery would be flat within a day ! Perhaps he means one where just the LCD digits light up ? An example would be the G-056-8VDR (polygon) with reverse display.

cheers,

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

I would go with a MTG-910. got everything but auto led (what is that?) and a countdown timer (which you not mentioned). besides, its a pretty in my opinion:

regards, holger

I think he's referring to the super-illuminator feature like on the G011 and GW1210 series, they use LED's mounted in the side of the dial to light up the dial.

I don't think Casio puts those in watches that aren't Ana-Digi, so an "all digital" watch with it isn't going to be found IMHO. However, I am very happy with the legibility and the setup on my 1210, so I'd recomend the resin-strap version, the GW1310-4AV. It's street price is about $100-150, so matches the price range. You can set up the watch so that in the small window at 6 o'clock the digital time is displayed. The great feature about this module is that the analog hands sync with atomic time, so the "h-set" feature is not needed!

Quote Originally Posted by kpatt View Post
    I'd go with the GW-5600 too, it's a great watch.

As for the auto-LED ( light emitting diode ), as far as I know there is no G-Shock that uses this lighting system and if there were an auto-LED the battery would be flat within a day ! Perhaps he means one where just the LCD digits light up ? An example would be the G-056-8VDR (polygon) with reverse display.

cheers,
    Stuck in landlocked Atlanta.
    My divers:
    Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon White "Mad Cow"
    Doxa Sub750T Caribbean
    Stowa Seatime ProDiver (Black)
    Seikos: 6105, 6309, 7002, 7S26, and 6R15 Divers
    G Shocks: DW5600, DW6100, DW6600, DW9000, G9000 Mudman, G9100 Gulfman, MTG900, GW200 Frogman, GS1000 Giez and a dozen more!

Thanks guys. Actually, now that I think about it, it wouldn't make much since having Auto LED, as opposed to Auto EL, because EL would light up an LCD more evenly than two side firing LEDs...so I guess we can scratch that idea, which probably opens up the door quite wide now.

I like the GW-5600, not sure if he would like the square style of it or not, might have to ask him about that one.

That MTG-910 is awesome, and that one might fit the bill for him. I also like the Mudman as well. What's the price on the 910? Do they make a 910 style with resin?

The 1310 won't work for him, I actually have the blue version of the one you posted, and really like it, but the digital display for him was too small.

Does this one:
    http://www.higuchi-inc.com/mtg-910.html#

Have the goofy backlight image, or just a standard backlight?

Hmm. Closest I see is the GW700. This one:

http://www.hbwatches.com/gw700a-9v-c...tch-p-387.html

Quote Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
    Thanks guys. Actually, now that I think about it, it wouldn't make much since having Auto LED, as opposed to Auto EL, because EL would light up an LCD more evenly than two side firing LEDs...so I guess we can scratch that idea, which probably opens up the door quite wide now.

I like the GW-5600, not sure if he would like the square style of it or not, might have to ask him about that one.

That MTG-910 is awesome, and that one might fit the bill for him. I also like the Mudman as well. What's the price on the 910? Do they make a 910 style with resin?

The 1310 won't work for him, I actually have the blue version of the one you posted, and really like it, but the digital display for him was too small.

Does this one:
    http://www.higuchi-inc.com/mtg-910.html#

Have the goofy backlight image, or just a standard backlight?
    Stuck in landlocked Atlanta.
    My divers:
    Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon White "Mad Cow"
    Doxa Sub750T Caribbean
    Stowa Seatime ProDiver (Black)
    Seikos: 6105, 6309, 7002, 7S26, and 6R15 Divers
    G Shocks: DW5600, DW6100, DW6600, DW9000, G9000 Mudman, G9100 Gulfman, MTG900, GW200 Frogman, GS1000 Giez and a dozen more!

the GW-5600 (first watch pictured) is a classic. you cant really go wrong with that, but in my opinion, perhaps the newer gulfman or silencer might be good! dont break the bank though!

That GW700 is pretty cool, and a decent price as well. I also like that Time Recording function, not sure if he will find that useful, but at least it is there if he wants to use it.

Thanks for the advice, I think I will end up going with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    I would go with a MTG-910. got everything but auto led (what is that?) and a countdown timer (which you not mentioned). besides, its a pretty in my opinion:

regards, holger
    Very nice...seems to fit the specs well too.

Looks more like a cop's watch to me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast