G Shock required!!!
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: G Shock required!!!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

G Shock required!!!

I will keep it short and sweet. I am trying to find a G Shock with the following features.

Atomic time
    Solar powered
    Moon phase
    Temperature
    Compass
    Perpetual calendar
    Battery power indicator
    Full Auto EL Backlight with Afterglow
    World time

I have tried hard and have been able to come up with several models with some of those features but not all of them together so that's why I decided that it's time to ask the real pros for help.

Couple of other things to consider are the smallest possible case size and the cheapest possible option.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: G Shock required!!!

Any suggestions???

You might have better luck posting your question in our G-Shock forum. Some really knowledgeable folks over there.

~Sherry.
    PM is not working for me. If you need to contact me, please email. Thanks! popokinui1(at)gmail(dot)com

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Buy two.
    Omega Seamaster Professional Planet Ocean 8500 Omega Speedmaster Professional 3572.50 Maurice Lacroix Pontos Day/Date Casio G-Shock DW-9052 TAG Heuer Formula 1 Lavina Manual Wind (Vintage 1940s) Swiss Military 6-512.15 Titanium

Thanks for the tip.

This fits the 9300 mudman to a T

But mudman 9300 doesn't have atomic time. And also was hoping for something a little smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Soh1982 View Post
    But mudman 9300 doesn't have atomic time. And also was hoping for something a little smaller.

Oh yes it does.
    Casio Riseman GW-9200J-1JF, Rangeman GW-9400J-1JF, Frogman GWF-1000G-1DR & Classic GW-M5610R-1DR. TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300m Calibre 5 WAN2110.BA0822. Seiko Criteria 100m Quartz Chronograph SNDC63P1.​Rolex DeepSea Sea-Dweller 116660. Apple Watch Series 2 42mm SS with Milanese Loop.

I will keep it short and sweet. I am trying to find a G Shock with the following features.

Atomic time
    Solar powered
    Moon phase
    Temperature
    Compass
    Perpetual calendar
    Battery power indicator
    Full Auto EL Backlight with Afterglow
    World time
    All current atomic models are also solar, and all current solar models have some sort of battery level indicator!

None have "perpetual calendars" but many models' calendars go to 2099, which means by then you won't be worrying about it.

So...you want atomic/solar, moon phase, EL rather than LED lume, and world time. You can get that in a dozen or more models....

...but you also want moon phase, temperature, and compass. Several models have moon phase, a few have thermometers, and a few have compasses, but I believe that these guys are right in that only the G(W)-9300 has all three:

Quote Originally Posted by JarenCarter View Post
    This fits the 9300 mudman to a T
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Oh yes it does.
    Actually, all three of you are sort of right: the G-9300 is NOT atomic, but the GW-9300 IS!

The bad news is that the GW-9300 is a "Japanese Domestic Market" model and not as mass-produced as the ones at Walmart, and that means that it's going to be relatively expensive: Casio G-shock Mudman Multiband6 Japanese Model [ Gw-9300-1jf ]: Watches: Amazon.com

As far as I can tell, your only options are:

1) Pay more than you were (probably) originally intending for a watch that might be larger than you want, but the only one that has all of your "must have" features or

2) Eliminate a couple of "must have" features, which will open up the list of possible models that fit your other criteria, and save quite a bit of money. If you can live without the compass and thermometer, the first atomic that I can think of with moon phase is the GW-7900. If you can also live without the moon phase, there are probably a dozen solar/atomic models with EL and world time to pick from.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    All current atomic models are also solar, and all current solar models have some sort of battery level indicator!

None have "perpetual calendars" but many models' calendars go to 2099, which means by then you won't be worrying about it.

So...you want atomic/solar, moon phase, EL rather than LED lume, and world time. You can get that in a dozen or more models....

...but you also want moon phase, temperature, and compass. Several models have moon phase, a few have thermometers, and a few have compasses, but I believe that these guys are right in that only the G(W)-9300 has all three:

Actually, all three of you are sort of right: the G-9300 is NOT atomic, but the GW-9300 IS!

The bad news is that the GW-9300 is a "Japanese Domestic Market" model and not as mass-produced as the ones at Walmart, and that means that it's going to be relatively expensive: Casio G-shock Mudman Multiband6 Japanese Model [ Gw-9300-1jf ]: Watches: Amazon.com

As far as I can tell, your only options are:

1) Pay more than you were (probably) originally intending for a watch that might be larger than you want, but the only one that has all of your "must have" features or

2) Eliminate a couple of "must have" features, which will open up the list of possible models that fit your other criteria, and save quite a bit of money. If you can live without the compass and thermometer, the first atomic that I can think of with moon phase is the GW-7900. If you can also live without the moon phase, there are probably a dozen solar/atomic models with EL and world time to pick from.
    OP just stated 9300 in general and never stated if it's G or GW. In this case I presume OP means the 9300 series of Mudman or non-atomic in which there is, unless specifically stated G or GW.
    Casio Riseman GW-9200J-1JF, Rangeman GW-9400J-1JF, Frogman GWF-1000G-1DR & Classic GW-M5610R-1DR. TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300m Calibre 5 WAN2110.BA0822. Seiko Criteria 100m Quartz Chronograph SNDC63P1.​Rolex DeepSea Sea-Dweller 116660. Apple Watch Series 2 42mm SS with Milanese Loop.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information