G Shock in Rome
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: G Shock in Rome

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

G Shock in Rome

From what I've seen on instagram there is a G Shock pop up store in Rome. I'll be visiting in mid January and I wanted to see if it's worth checking out and if anyone had any info on it. Thanks

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    gripmaster likes this.
    -Watch_Junky

Re: G Shock in Rome

no infos on that, sorry, but an advice: definitely hold on to your stuff in Rome, I speak from sad experience..
    if you do get some things at that store, great opportunity to take some pics with the new Gs and the awesome monuments there!
    good luck!
    Crater likes this.

True, strap everything on yourself and don't wear a watch. You can never be too carefull in Rome, you won't even know and your wallet will be gone...

I was lucky when I was there, didn't lost or get stolen anything. But almost everyone I know got hit some way or the other.

You know the saying: When in Rome, be carefull around other Romans (mostly non Romans)
    Last edited by Crater; December 30th, 2013 at 10:34.
    gripmaster likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Crater View Post
    True, strap everything on yourself and don't wear a watch. You can never be too carefull in Rome, you won't even know and your wallet will be gone...

I was lucky when I was there, didn't lost or get stolen anything. But almost everyone I know got hit some way or the other.

You know the saying: When in Rome, be carefull around other Romans (mostly non Romans)
    HAHA not sure thats exactly the quote there, but nice try!

hehe excellent...
    Crater likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gripmaster View Post
    HAHA not sure thats exactly the quote there, but nice try!

hehe excellent...
    A bit modified to fit todays customs in Rome
    gripmaster likes this.

I visited Rome in the summer of 2009 and I did not experience it as any more dangerous than many other larger cities in Europe. However there is dangerous hot spots where you need to be careful and the most dangerous places for pickpocketry or robbery is the area in proximity to the Termini bus/train station, Fontana Di Trevi, The Colosseum, Piazza di Spagna (Spanish steps) and while attending restaurants in general especially in the Trastevere area (but Termini is definitely in a league of its own when it comes to these sort of risks).

Of course you should not stop wearing your G-Shock, strapped/buckled watches are not as easy to steal unnoticed as some bracelet ones.

General guidelines: Always carry money on two locations on your body. So if one of your stashes gets stolen you will still have some money with you. Do not carry your wallet in back pockets or side pockets or bags or backpacks. Use inner pockets in jackets(but remember to remove wallet if you hang your jacket over the chair when eating at a restaurant), if you have cargo shorts you can use the zipped lower leg pocket, those places are difficult to steal from unnoticed. Me when wearing jeans always carry a secret stash of notes in one of the inner smaller side pockets, impossible to get to unnoticed.

What places do you plan to visit during your stay and how long will you be staying?

As for the G-Shock pop up store in Galeria Alberto Sordi, that one is the last remaining one in Europe and will close in January 12Th so will be closed when you visit unfortunately.

Name:  902342_692406867466280_2064236203_o.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  106.9 KB

Name:  1492680_692406504132983_1062233740_o.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  98.6 KB

Name:  1404420_692406500799650_288338774_o.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  57.7 KB

Name:  1405039_692406497466317_1005808679_o.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  47.5 KB

Name:  1400493_692406557466311_1201222992_o.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  109.4 KB

Name:  1417509_692406567466310_1522170966_o.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  98.7 KB

Lightning Yellow FTW!

Last edited by Joakim Agren; December 30th, 2013 at 14:02.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Thanks for the tips and heads up. I've been to Rome before back when I was in college and did some backpacking around Europe so I'm well aware of the pick pockets.

Joslin, I'll be starting in Spain. Going to Cadiz and Seville then ending Rome. Will be there a little over 2 weeks

gripmaster likes this.
    -Watch_Junky

Damn auto correct, not Joslin...Joakim lol

gripmaster likes this.
    -Watch_Junky

Quote Originally Posted by gripmaster View Post
    no infos on that, sorry, but an advice: definitely hold on to your stuff in Rome, I speak from sad experience..
    if you do get some things at that store, great opportunity to take some pics with the new Gs and the awesome monuments there!
    good luck!

My laptop bag were stolen in Belgium on a train from Amsterdam to Paris.. My fault tho, i had my laptop bag in the overhead luggage storage compartment and i went to the loo to piss, i came back.. Its gone. I ran the whole train and could not see it anywhere. Dude got my laptop, ipod, camera and some other stuff.. I had so many pics from my trip to Cognac and other places.. Lost it all.. Lucky for FB, i had uploaded some pics, so still have some of that.. I've learnt from that though.. Now days im extra careful. How did they get you?

cst

Just to add, don't drive in Rome if you value your life or sanity! Also the pizza from the street sellers is the best you will get any where in the world!

Have a good trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information