G Shock ruined me
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: G Shock ruined me

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

G Shock ruined me

Ever since I got back into G Shocks, I can't seem to get the motivation to wear any of my Seiko autos, for which I have always had a passion for.. The only exception being my recent skx007 and skx009 purchases... but even then, I find myself struggling not to grab a G.. WTH!?

As a child of the 80's, Casios were my first introduction into the watch world.. My favorite memory growing up was when my grandmother bought me a Casio F-10 (pic below) for Hanukkah, circa 1982.. From then on, I always had casio digis (mostly G, but also the calculator/data bank models) throughout my youth and into college..

But as I got older, I started to veer into the analog Seiko world.. I guess it was an attempt to be more "mature" ....

At first, various quartz watches, and then onto the magnificent world of autos..
    Ever since then, I have been a huge proponent of anything mechanical, mostly Seiko..

It was not until recently, that I re-discovered my passion for Casios... more specifically, G Shocks.. At first I thought I can love both, wear both, enjoy both for different reasons.. But now, I just can't seem to wear anything else besides a G Shock...

What I miss most when not wearing a G: the hour signal.. I find that time goes much slower not having an hourly "beep beep".. I always tell my wife when it goes off, "we are now one hour closer to death" ... She is NOT amused as you can imagine.. And if I forget to turn off the signal when not wearing one of my G Shocks, she threatens to throw them out of the nearest window, HAHA!. There's nothing better than hearing them all chime roughly around the same time

Anyways, I'm rattling on.. I'm guessing I'm not the only one that has been officially "ruined" by G Shocks...
    Last edited by babyivan; 4 Days Ago at 03:06.

Re: G Shock ruined me

no, Gshock enlighten you, your life and your soul .... part of getting mature is learning the art of letting go other material things in life and be at peace within yourself

lolz

Which ones you wear often?
    babyivan likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dan GSR View Post
    Which ones you wear often?
    Mostly, my newly acquired gw-5k. I put it on a combi and it has become my fave. I ordered the heritage bezel for it (red lettering) from pacparts, should be here by Monday at the latest.
    Before that, the full metal ss. It feels heavy now compared to the others.

I have two 35 anniv. models, the round and square. I love the round, as it was the first g I had in the 80s. I have not worn the square yet, but plan to... for some reason I'm nervous about scratching it, lol.

I'm about to pick up the gwm5610, I love the classic look to it.
    Ottovonn and Dxnnis like this.

ROFL I was too cheap to go G-shock, so I just got a plastic faced Tough Solar. It stays on my wrist at all times - beach, snorkelling, working on the car. It gets deliberately smacked and dragged against concrete and brick walls to give me an excuse to spend just a little bit more for something that looks better...

But I can see the time on the bold white on black face... I can wear it outside my jacket and ride in torrential rain, after 5 years it's still fully charged and (as with unprotected iphone screens) despite a few scratches doesn't actually look any worse for wear... scratches aren't very visible anyway on the recessed screen.

I hate it - it doesn't have cool light up in the dark neon or anything, and only the digital window lights up (no glasses = useless at night in bed) and it doesn't even correct itself (I have to mess around comparing it to my phone and manually take off the 10 to 15 second drift every couple of months!)

Worst of all, it's actually less accurate than my super fancy dress-up Timex Fairfield.

I desperately need a GWG100 solar radio version... only 20 times the price!
    WES51, babyivan, scooby and 1 others like this.

wait til they ruin your wallet!
    Call Sign - Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerswit View Post
    wait til they ruin your wallet!
    Haha! Yes. I'm trying to keep it to mostly squares and some classic stuff.
    I would love a frogman, but way too big... so that helps the wallet. I also am not a fan of negative displays, so a big savings there.
    Steelerswit and Dxnnis like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ben2talk View Post
    ROFL I was too cheap to go G-shock, so I just got a plastic faced Tough Solar. It stays on my wrist at all times - beach, snorkelling, working on the car. It gets deliberately smacked and dragged against concrete and brick walls to give me an excuse to spend just a little bit more for something that looks better...

But I can see the time on the bold white on black face... I can wear it outside my jacket and ride in torrential rain, after 5 years it's still fully charged and (as with unprotected iphone screens) despite a few scratches doesn't actually look any worse for wear... scratches aren't very visible anyway on the recessed screen.

I hate it - it doesn't have cool light up in the dark neon or anything, and only the digital window lights up (no glasses = useless at night in bed) and it doesn't even correct itself (I have to mess around comparing it to my phone and manually take off the 10 to 15 second drift every couple of months!)

Worst of all, it's actually less accurate than my super fancy dress-up Timex Fairfield.

I desperately need a GWG100 solar radio version... only 20 times the price!
    I have an old DW9052 as my "beater" watch. It's probably the most enjoyable watch to wear, because I don't care what happens to it. Same reason why I have always preferred older sh*tbox cars, carefree living. I say go for it, the GWG100 is pretty affordable. Or grab a gwm5610, they are around $90.
    Dxnnis likes this.

gshock didnt ruin you, seiko did. it promised something it clearly couldnt deliver. just be grateful youve woken up sooner than later and you can get back to being happy and carefree ;)
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Quote Originally Posted by babyivan View Post
    Haha! Yes. I'm trying to keep it to mostly squares and some classic stuff.
    I would love a frogman, but way too big... so that helps the wallet. I also am not a fan of negative displays, so a big savings there.
    I thought the same thing
    Now i have the 35th anniversary triple sensor frogman and its one of my favorites
    babyivan and Dxnnis like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information